IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Rabid Anti-vaxer leader, Dr. Mercola . . .
. . a little bit ago started calling Google a dangerous monopoly, and urged people to use DuckDuckGo instead. A few days later he started calling Wikipedia a totally evil failed project. Then he started denouncing Google's new curator rules, and it's insane dependency on evil failed Wikipedia as a reference.

So, right about this time his Google search traffic dropped by 99%.

Seems Google/Wikipedia flagged his site as a "Possibly Dangerous Site", due to his rabid Anti-vaxer activities - and relegated him to page 36 and beyond.
New Not sure how I feel about that
On the one hand, I think his stuff absolutely deserves to be down-ranked. But if it happened immediately after he criticized them, that's not such a great precedent.
--

Drew
New Re: Not sure how I feel about that
His attack on Google's collusion with evil Wikipedia was definitely after the fact.

His calling Google a monopoly and to use DuckDuckGo was a few days before, but Google usually signals upcoming changes, and he has to have a serious crew of Web developers who would have been watching for hints - so I very seriously doubt this was a revenge thing.

Also, Mercola made no hint about it being a revenge thing, his attack was strictly against Wikipedia's biases.
Expand Edited by Andrew Grygus Sept. 4, 2019, 01:54:56 AM EDT
New Speaking of Google and Mercola ...
Not only is he an anti-vaxxer, he writes a lot about the problems with the lipid hypotheses and statins. So the LCHF proponents are up in arms about Mercola being down-ranked, saying it's the MSM sending low-carb proponents down the memory hole.

I hate when people I agree with on one topic are raving loons on another topic.
--

Drew
     The Anti-Vaxxers.. are now on WHO's "Major Medical Threats" list - (Ashton) - (4)
         Rabid Anti-vaxer leader, Dr. Mercola . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
             Not sure how I feel about that - (drook) - (2)
                 Re: Not sure how I feel about that - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                     Speaking of Google and Mercola ... - (drook)

Per nostra Pentium Quatro cum 2 gigahertzum e bus de cuatrocentum megahertzum...
Deo Gratie...
Per nostros Quinientum Doce megabaitum de RAMus...
Deo Gratie...
Per nostra GeForsum Duo Mu Omega cum centum ventiocho megabytum de memoria Delta Delta Rho...
Deo Gratie...
E por nostro casum de aluminum con sweetum modus e infinitum blinkenlightenus...
Amen
67 ms