IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Just remember to cook it
"Spinach is a source of non-heme iron, which is found in vegetable sources. Non-heme iron is not as bioavailable to the body as the heme iron found in animal products. Raw spinach contains an inhibitor called oxalic acid or oxalate. Oxalic acid naturally binds with minerals like calcium and iron, making them harder for the body to absorb. Cooking spinach can help unlock these iron absorption inhibitors and hence increase iron bioavailability. In other words, cooking spinach helps make iron more available to your body."

https://www.healthcastle.com/spinach-good-source-iron-cooked-better-raw/

So much for salad!
New So, folks with hemochromatosis . . .
. . should eat their spinach raw - keeps down the number of bleedings they must endure to reduce iron in the blood.

Fortunately for the rest of us, hemochromatosis is hereditary and we can't catch it.
New Well, darn!
Most of the spinach I consume (along with fruit and Greek yogurt) comes in the form of smoothies that my wife makes. I don't believe spinach puree is equivalent to cooked spinach.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Not unless you puree it on *really* high speed
--

Drew
     Germans and Vegetables - (Andrew Grygus) - (11)
         yup they love both kinds, roots and cabages -NT - (boxley)
         Thanks for the back-story - (Ashton) - (9)
             I take it you're not a sailor man? -NT - (scoenye) - (8)
                 he might have a squinky eye -NT - (boxley)
                 Popeye and Spinach - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                     Indeed; in space-flight a decimal-point error could ..well, you know. Powerful, that tiny dot[.] - (Ashton)
                     Just remember to cook it - (dmcarls) - (3)
                         So, folks with hemochromatosis . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                         Well, darn! - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                             Not unless you puree it on *really* high speed -NT - (drook)
                 Umm, acquainted.. Think I liked Bluto ..world's most inept bully? (Well, before ____ ) -NT - (Ashton)

God help us when the effects of "switch" are toted up.
53 ms