..that Lovely Face-->THIS song from South Pacific, "You've Got to be Carefully Taught. [to hate..] which focuses on the theme of S.P.: Sojers-meet-local-beautes; wash, rinse; but..
..But: ... take You back-home to Mom n'Pop !?!??
Anyway: form-follows-function; most sports Are about expected behavior (..with a pretense that 'sportsmanship' is all about just good-clean-Fun) ... in playing an inherently combative! 'game'. Yashure: It's possibly true for a few, maybe about as many as Xians ackshully Reading?--never mind following--their Leader's instruction Set.
Rest case.

I admit Outlier-hood, as, early on I just didn't find in the DNA any 'joy' in ~We Won/Fuck You ... yer a loooser, nyah, nyah and like that. But am not inured to it all: some few pro-baseball arabesques, the I.O.M. (cycles of course + more guts-than-I) at Ludicrous speed... etc. And anyone who couldn't love/empatize with Lou Gehrig--and-all That: would have to be a soulless bastard not worth knowing.

Play Ball!

Hey! I did Win-a-Race! ... some Company-sponsored picnic, when I was ~6? (I recall ~the internal dialogue: "You must run-like-Fuck!") but I didn't know that exact-word yet. ;^>