IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New re Real Football ('soccer' to unwashed Muricans)
The sport has been touted as something-like the sine qua non (mayhap by the comparo applied in another 'sport': "all the rest are recreations"?)

As I stumbled upon Forever Pure ... about an Israeli team, indistinguishable from antebellum Rednecks who put the R in Racism. It chronicles the experiences of a couple new Boffo players who happened to be Muslim. (I abandoned the flic partway through as the drift was so much a reprise of pre- and during- the tale of Jackie Robinson et seq. And that's too odious to burden the little gray-cells with (especially during a local-meltdown of any topic wherein the word, honor appears.)

Unsurprising though was the equivalence of Murican and Israeli full-Racists--ya can't tell the Nationalities apart--at the extremes. So then, whatever are the merits of batting that round-ball around -vs- our even more overtly-violent antics with the squashed-shape one: neither "$$-sport" appears to merit ecstatic paeans (just those pains produced chemically via testosterone-overdose (which you can find in any plain-old riot) over ..whatever.) If this be "sportsmanship"? ... that would explain a Lot (and another dead-word).

tl;dr--apologies to Star-Kist™--whose product doesn't claim 'good taste' but must simply 'taste good'.
(I admit that I'm unable to discern any difference at all 'twixt: any modrin Pop-'sport' and.. the goings-on within the most odious unPopular
Corporate Board-at-$$$-work in committing Capitalism. None. Guess I never acquired the taste-for-Koolaid (or flag-waving, its ~equivalent.)

Carrion, as with us Com-symps who shall never be President because we won't join any Org which would accept people like us.
{Thanks, Groucho!}

Ed:PS Equal scorn for Racist-fans ... always in-the-mix ... maybe with AI-robots we could? ... never mind.
Expand Edited by Ashton July 13, 2019, 07:11:31 AM EDT
New stupidest pic evah
tattooed jews whoda thunk it?
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Some of my club's (Chelsea's) fans have a very sorted history with that.
The club does try to do what it can about it, but tribalism persists in some supporters. It would seem bigotry is firmly ingrained in a non-trivial number among us. I still believe it is a taught behavior. But, with 30+ per cent of all American Whites embracing it and a President who has mainstreamed White Supremacy messaging, I'm reminded of what we did with the buttons during Gerald Ford's "Whip Inflation Now!" campaign. They passed out these "WIN" buttons and we wore them upside down (NIM - No Immediate Miracles).
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New "taught behavior"; believe you're acquainted with a song about that
..that Lovely Face-->THIS song from South Pacific, "You've Got to be Carefully Taught. [to hate..] which focuses on the theme of S.P.: Sojers-meet-local-beautes; wash, rinse; but..
..But: ... take You back-home to Mom n'Pop !?!??
Anyway: form-follows-function; most sports Are about expected behavior (..with a pretense that 'sportsmanship' is all about just good-clean-Fun) ... in playing an inherently combative! 'game'. Yashure: It's possibly true for a few, maybe about as many as Xians ackshully Reading?--never mind following--their Leader's instruction Set.
Rest case.

I admit Outlier-hood, as, early on I just didn't find in the DNA any 'joy' in ~We Won/Fuck You ... yer a loooser, nyah, nyah and like that. But am not inured to it all: some few pro-baseball arabesques, the I.O.M. (cycles of course + more guts-than-I) at Ludicrous speed... etc. And anyone who couldn't love/empatize with Lou Gehrig--and-all That: would have to be a soulless bastard not worth knowing.

Play Ball!

Hey! I did Win-a-Race! ... some Company-sponsored picnic, when I was ~6? (I recall ~the internal dialogue: "You must run-like-Fuck!") but I didn't know that exact-word yet. ;^>
     re Real Football ('soccer' to unwashed Muricans) - (Ashton) - (3)
         stupidest pic evah - (boxley)
         Some of my club's (Chelsea's) fans have a very sorted history with that. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
             "taught behavior"; believe you're acquainted with a song about that - (Ashton)

The style is new but the pay is the same.
104 ms