1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New And there it is
--

Drew
New There *what* is?
The only reason anyone watches the Women's World Cup is because there is absolutely no football of any consequence being played when they have their tournament (Fifa insures this will be the case).

So I don't really care who wins this thing. What I *do* care about is the image the USWNT projects because it reflects upon me when I travel. And this year's side projected the image of an ass - which is all too typical. They're just another group of entitled, loud mouthed braggarts. This is particularly painful this year due to the genuine ass we have in the White House.

And as is always typical of our low IQ media, they're being hailed as "champions of equality!™". And how are they doing that? By insisting they be paid as well as their male counterparts. That is ridiculous on its face. None of them, not the best of them, could even make the men's squads, so it's not "equal pay based upon merit" they're demanding, it's "equal pay based upon entitlement" and that, my friend, is horseshit. Before they ever made such a demand, one of them, just one should have demonstrated that they could play in the Premier League like Pulisic, Howard or Dempsey. They needn't even go that far though. If the USWNT played even LAFC (a second year expansion club in MLS) they'd be on the receiving end of the 13-0 results they enjoyed against Thailand every single time they played. They want same pay? Provide same level of play first.

In the end they're just another group of spoiled, entitled, offensive ugly American brats who showed their backsides to Europe. And don't we have enough of that already?
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New There's a parallel koan to your position..
(Never mind that I possess only minimal lore to note.. say), Vive lá differènce?
And I do see that your metric is in no way related to pedestrian gender-mind-fucking but, Performance, Period.

Koan then,
~ "Talking dogs" are a [forget exact epithet!] They do not do it at all well, but the fact that they
do it at all ..is remarkable.

;^>
New And this is the last thing I'll say about this.
Alex Morgan shows some real class here. Makes one proud to be an American, dunnit?
bcnu,
Mikem

New there is your problem, don't read twats it's bad for your mental health
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Got that link from CNN's homepage.
bcnu,
Mikem

And the USWNT shows the world it's ass again. - (mmoffitt) - (17)
         Seriously? -NT - (drook) - (13)
             You don't think they have exactly the same demeanor and level of class? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (12)
                 Do you think that photo is real? -NT - (drook) - (11)
                     Of course not. - (mmoffitt) - (10)
                         Their celebrations are for actual victories -NT - (drook) - (9)
                             Victories in women's football is about as meaningless a thing as is possible. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                                 no they are very precicely measured, $30 million dollars while the men get $400 million to lose -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                     As well they should. The men provide a *massively better* level of play. - (mmoffitt)
                                 And there it is -NT - (drook) - (5)
                                     There *what* is? - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                         There's a parallel koan to your position.. - (Ashton)
                                     And this is the last thing I'll say about this. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                         there is your problem, don't read twats it's bad for your mental health -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                             Got that link from CNN's homepage. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         I think if they all played in thongs like beach volleyball viewership would rise -NT - (boxley) - (1)
             ..why of course you do. -NT - (Ashton)
         Funny, but latest Firefox on latest MacOS did not show the image. - (a6l6e6x)