IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Anchorage Alaska temp reaches 90F today New Record.
New Box will tell you that's weather and not climate change.
Even if it's 5 or more days of 85 degrees F or more in a row.

Or that permafrost is thawing and dumping methane, 30 times worse than carbon dioxide for climate change, into the air.

One might also get familiar with the concept of thermal runaway.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New ..from thermodynamics --> <My Darlin Clementine ON> "Boxes without topses" ..for shoes. ;^>
Along that line, also too:
Wondering if/yet? there's been any serious Stat-magick postulating Climate ∆ effects;
upon such aspects as ~sorta-lubricating the tectonic plate abutments? ie 'friction' IS: a complex-process not covered well by simplicities
like, * "F=µN" ... especially given the ranges from 'solid' --> enroute to --> liquid (or even plasma! at extremes). And like that.

Lovely Physics! ..at least you can formulate the Questions, even if the what-if 'answers' might become a bit Dodgy, eh?

*In 'Millikan/Roller/Watson's Phys-I primer at a certain Institute: The above was about the only [foolishly didactic] treatment of 'friction'.
(This 'formula' was, in such practical testing--like tires-on-roads? alternating 'twixt static-friction and ∫of rolling-friction+tires 'melting') etc.--a rather gross-oversimplification of Real-world-physics, I thought; aka it was a Shitty 'intro' Textbook, poorly edited-against: such oversimplifications ... by three authors who undoubtedly grokked Physics but flunked "How to Explain things" ... [alas also well-before Sesame Street, as could have edjaKated the suckers]
'Course ya couldn't Say such heresies under penalty of being beaten with a rolled-up Blue Book, so I did the 'Murican-thing; chickened out. :-/

..Then too: re Force! as-in F=MA: one Max Jammer wrote an intricately-mathematical epistle on Theories of Force (which no Freshman possibly could have grokked. Far-enough.) Later-on I could never finish that tome, but it reminded moi that, Nothing IS ever 'simple'. ;^>

(Well, except for Quantum Chromodynamics, say..?)
New box will tell you that it is the jet stream moving in a different manner, still weather
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
     Anchorage Alaska temp reaches 90F today New Record. - (Ashton) - (3)
         Box will tell you that's weather and not climate change. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
             ..from thermodynamics --> <My Darlin Clementine ON> "Boxes without topses" ..for shoes. ;^> - (Ashton)
             box will tell you that it is the jet stream moving in a different manner, still weather -NT - (boxley)

I do have to wonder why you would keep a live snake in your coat in Saskatoon in December.
38 ms