IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New What? No Okra?
I serve okra often, in stews and the like, and it is always well received. Of course, like Brussels Sprouts, you have to cook it right.

I pick the smallest, youngest Okras from the bins. I shave the cap end as a cone, being careful there are no holes into the interior. I then tumble the pods with Vinegar, enough to coat well, and let them soak for 20 minutes or so, tumbling them a couple of times. Then rinse well, and add to the stew near the end of cooking.

Actually, Okra done this way is durable enough to stand reheating the recipe. There are other ways to cook Okra which are also good.
New Thanks; unfortunately I've never tried it ..cooked Properly. But there's this re pork:
WaPo on latest deregulations of the Hog Industry.

(Alas, to steal a line from Roman Holiday, "I shall always cherish: ..." the fond memory of hog-meat.) {sigh}
     This little piggy went to market - (rcareaga) - (12)
         Plant Owners - (dmcarls) - (10)
             That’s a relief - (rcareaga) - (9)
                 Um, actually it's not all what you might imagine. - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                     Thanks for the background - (rcareaga) - (7)
                         for right now I prefer beef from mexico and argentina if it is available - (boxley)
                         Re: ethical grounds - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                             Re: ethical grounds little piggies sound like some 3rd world children -NT - (boxley)
                             Thou sayest.. - (Ashton) - (3)
                                 What? No Okra? - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                     Thanks; unfortunately I've never tried it ..cooked Properly. But there's this re pork: - (Ashton)
                                 There's enough residue of Southern in me to enjoy fried okra. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         It's not like they haven't tried to hide reality - (lincoln)

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest, yo ho ho and a bottle of rye!
119 ms