IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New +6, Perspicuity; yeah, there's a plethora of tin-ears nowadays ... and nary a Live/Recorded demo..
..often because of (aforesaid) the problem of all the arbitrary tweaking for instruments which have no-Native-sound.

Apparently the 'Audio-phools' stores, collectively haven't learned of that manifestly-Fair comparo, or can't get enough small $$$-retailers to provide a few just-$$ to revive that: as its main appeal is to those who choose Classical, go to concerts without Flashing-Neon in order to hear familiar=timeless music they were introduced to as tykes ..or just "found" was to their liking.

Classical will never die, but its audience now and next will either shrink? (here) or just maybe ..there will be a certain Aha!! epiphany! and greatly increase its %local-audience. (An utterly unpredictable coin toss, I wot.) Bang & Olafson and others in Euro shall continue to make equipment for the very large cohort of Classical folk across Euro, so there's that. And where I'd go, had I a surplus of $$ in the Ex-Pat-escape fund..
New Bang & Olafson? They made the speakers in my laptop.
--

Drew
New There's your problem.
You should have got a laptop with Bang and Olufsen speakers instead.

Hows your Rowlecks watch doing? Still driving the Ferrararri?

Srsly, tho, B&O almost certainly didn't actually make your laptop speakers; they just agreed to have their name put on them.
New I'll hand that spelling nit off to Ashton ... Here you go!
--

Drew
New Mea culper, fellow smartass-picker-of-nits. And:
I just happen to have visited Olufsen's factory (and test instruments lair) many moons ago.. impressive to any audio nerd; also brought back an FM-receiver--a class act free of gew-gaw facades of 'Muricans who-liked-Chrome-on-everything just a few decades back.

(Last I heard, it's still running along)--after one repair also moons ago.. But it would be Purty, were it relegated to a canape-tray on your fine Irish linen tablecloth: it's Rosewood-cased--now an endangered species along with Us.
     Stay in your lane - (drook) - (19)
         movie theaters have better sound systems than homes - (lincoln) - (1)
             It's depressing how many shows/movies I have to put the captions on - (drook)
         "Better listening experience"? Sounds like he carefully avoided saying "sounds better" because it do - (Ashton) - (9)
             I grew up listening to a McIntosh receiver and tube amp. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 Spike Jones.. am sure that my 78rpm "In Der Fuehrer's Face'" is around somewhere - (Ashton)
             That's not a vinyl vs. digital issue - (drook) - (6)
                 Likely not to moi now, but therein lies the conundrum.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                     I'm not sure who to reply to, so I'll put it here. - (static)
                 Good Science Friday episode on this. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                     Succinct, pithy and saves lotsa words /me steals this. Thanks! -NT - (Ashton)
                     But of course. - (static) - (1)
                         Yup. I'm pretty sure they master differently for radio than for vinyl/CD/etc. - (Another Scott)
         Feels like you read that backwards - (crazy) - (6)
             No, I got that - (drook) - (5)
                 +6, Perspicuity; yeah, there's a plethora of tin-ears nowadays ... and nary a Live/Recorded demo.. - (Ashton) - (4)
                     Bang & Olafson? They made the speakers in my laptop. -NT - (drook) - (3)
                         There's your problem. - (pwhysall) - (2)
                             I'll hand that spelling nit off to Ashton ... Here you go! -NT - (drook)
                             Mea culper, fellow smartass-picker-of-nits. And: - (Ashton)

Did you hear the one about the priest, the rabbi, and the gloat?
57 ms