IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yep
I'm going to be a grandfather in July (yeah y'all, Bad Grandad Peter is in the house) and my job is, apparently, to teach #1 grandson how to be a nerd and play video games (amongst other things, including but not limited to: collecting smelly things from the beach, making ooblick, and finding out if we can live on crisps alone).

Yep, #1GS is going to have a grandad who likes (death/speed/folk/thrash/acid/dance/techno/doom/funk) metal, beer, and video games. It's gonna be awesome.
New So (death/speed/folk/thrash/acid/dance/techno/doom/funk) metal is old people music now
--

Drew
New Yep
On the other hand, there is the Classic Rock Event Horizon, which recedes at a constant pace.

I have never been, am not now, and never will be old enough to like classic rock.

Despite the fact that there is more time between now and The Prodigy's "Experience" album than there was between that, and Led Zeppelin IV or Deep Purple In Rock.

Nope. Never gonna be old enough for Magnum or Whitesnake or Dio. Not even if I live to be a hundred.
Expand Edited by pwhysall Feb. 20, 2019, 09:38:20 AM EST
New They'll just redefine "classic rock" to include your stuff
--

Drew
New Doesn't seem to be happening
"Classic Rock" seems to be ossified.
New Nah
They're going to keep adding new stuff to keep chasing the younger demographic.
The stations find a cluster of people who like the music that makes up the core of classic rock, and then finds out what else they like. They like R.E.M.? Well, R.E.M. is now classic rock.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-classic-rock-isnt-what-it-used-to-be/
--

Drew
New they let bubblegum in now? the horrors!
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New I'm pretty sure that Slayer and Obituary will never make the Classic Rock cut.
New I look forward to terrifying the nursing staff with my taste in music.
New you not going to have cute korean nurses?
New A lot of them are from The Philippines nowadays

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
New Someone was just telling me nursing is picking up
As in, the job market is improving to the point that it's getting competitive getting into nursing programs. I haven't heard any if this in the news, so I don't know if what they're seeing is anecdotal.
--

Drew
New yabbut they dont do kpop
New K-pop is big in the Philippines.
New Congrats!
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New GranPaPeter sez:
Stay Offa My Blue-suede Shoes! ..when the tyke opines--a few years later--"No! I wanna hear more of that Mozart guy, n' you can't stop me..!" {pouts}

;^>
     'Kawaii': "a playful refusal to grow up" - (Ashton) - (18)
         It is possible to be kawaii and still "grown-up". - (static) - (17)
             (Your) 'words to live by, Cratchit!" - (Ashton)
             Yep - (pwhysall) - (15)
                 So (death/speed/folk/thrash/acid/dance/techno/doom/funk) metal is old people music now -NT - (drook) - (12)
                     Yep - (pwhysall) - (5)
                         They'll just redefine "classic rock" to include your stuff -NT - (drook) - (4)
                             Doesn't seem to be happening - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                 Nah - (drook) - (2)
                                     they let bubblegum in now? the horrors! -NT - (boxley)
                                     I'm pretty sure that Slayer and Obituary will never make the Classic Rock cut. -NT - (pwhysall)
                     I look forward to terrifying the nursing staff with my taste in music. -NT - (static) - (5)
                         you not going to have cute korean nurses? -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                             A lot of them are from The Philippines nowadays -NT - (lincoln) - (3)
                                 Someone was just telling me nursing is picking up - (drook)
                                 yabbut they dont do kpop -NT - (boxley)
                                 K-pop is big in the Philippines. -NT - (static)
                 Congrats! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                 GranPaPeter sez: - (Ashton)

ONE THE MACHINE!
69 ms