IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 2 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Do you have an issue with what was said, or just who said it?
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Who said it.
Can you imagine, say, for instance, Jeremy Corbyn kicking of a speech by quoting Margaret Thatcher and then encouraging everyone to "read her excellent speech"?

I find her quoting him disgusting because IMO it hideously implies a yearn for "St. Ronnie, a wonderful human being and truly fine American." I remember Reagan's tenure. I remember the Contras, the Arms for Hostages, the slashing of the top income tax rate, the "Catsup and pickles are vegetables" policy for school lunches, the illegal mining of the Nicaraguan harbor, the Pentagon Republic of Honduras, the "I just signed legislation which outlaws Russia forever. The bombing begins in five minutes" *joke*, his being sworn into the Presidency of the world's leading creditor nation and turning into the world's leading debtor nation, and on and on. I don't, frankly, give a shit if the senile old git once managed to mumble a decent quip or two. No one should ever look past all the really horrible things that he led this nation to enough to quote him. He, like Trump, should never be normalized.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
     Absolutely disgusting. - (mmoffitt) - (10)
         Do you have an issue with what was said, or just who said it? -NT - (malraux) - (1)
             Who said it. - (mmoffitt)
         Knee jerk much? - (hnick)
         "You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar." -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
             Pedant alert: that's not actually true - (drook) - (1)
                 It's just a proverb. :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         There's the MM I remember! - (Another Scott) - (3)
             Hey, now! I didn't say she was horrible. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                 Bs. Didn't say the full term out of respect for headline rules - (crazy) - (1)
                     Re: What's wrong with me? - (mmoffitt)

Zeptotechnology is just around the corner!
38 ms