IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New This may be self-adjusting;
do the Work stoned and.. well, you know.. Hi-voltage RF is not your friend.

I know one tale (not apocryphal, still.. first-degree hearsay)
An actual-EE® opens a panel wherein lay conductors carrying ~20 KV (at center of enclosure.)
Spots a piece of debris near open panel and at the outer wall, decides that the 'wall' is far enough away and reaches in--inches-away--to grab it.
mSec later: sayonara. And this.. not-stoned.

HV has some unUsual tendencies in path choices; math explains but the reptile-brain is like Trump's main one. La-La-La will Getcha if you live there.

When I visited C.E.R.N. (Euro-accelerators) in early '60s, you could walk through the 'ignitron-switchyard' for the hi-current HV to main field, the presumptions being:
A) You *are* smart enough to move accordingly ..which carried the corollary,
B) Surely you won't! er, trip, slip/whatever.

Probability: the religion of Science? moi/coward; moi still here, not sniveling.
New Speaking of unUsual tendencies
My father claims to have witnessed ball lightning coming off an electrical panel he was working on in Labrador while in the Air Force in the 60s.
--

Drew
     Paris to Pittsburgh. - (mmoffitt) - (24)
         Nicely done! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         looks like a good gig, beats climbing radio masts -NT - (boxley) - (7)
             I'd climb a radio mast - (drook) - (6)
                 ya, well when it is lit up you better have tin foil over your private parts -NT - (boxley)
                 I roomed with a cell tower repair guy - (crazy) - (4)
                     Smart. Not much chance of being caught sleeping on the job. - (drook) - (3)
                         This may be self-adjusting; - (Ashton) - (1)
                             Speaking of unUsual tendencies - (drook)
                         Dunno - (crazy)
         Another shameless shout-out from my daughter. - (mmoffitt) - (14)
             Your clan.. it is Everywhere.. - (Ashton) - (12)
                 Re: Moffat. Not sure about the entire clan, but I know why my family spells it with an "i". - (mmoffitt) - (11)
                     Maybe if I'd watched the whole thing I'd understand this, but what's with the quote marks? -NT - (drook)
                     Amazing confluence ..zeroing-in on one person! - (Ashton) - (9)
                         I, too, am largely disinterested in ancestry. - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                             I've never understood that sentiment - (drook) - (3)
                                 Heh. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                     I know better -NT - (drook)
                                 Yeah, it's stupid - (crazy)
                             Some cultures place great stock in remembering. - (static) - (3)
                                 mine goes back to the book of fines, long before the domesday book - (boxley)
                                 My wife's uncle was that way. - (a6l6e6x)
                                 But on my father's side... - (static)
             Yep! And how do you suppose grandchilderen make you feel? :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)

I usually avoid being a grammar/spelling pedant, but you clearly misspelled “should be shot into the sun.”
49 ms