IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You don't have a library! Impoverished indeed
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Premise was "it didn’t have a single store selling a book for preschoolers"
Libraries do have occasional sales of older books to clear shelf space, but except for that one week per year no, they're not selling books there.
--

Drew
New I have 3 barnes and noble within 10 miles
More if you go further out. But I am 10 miles from major metropolitan area. For those in the sticks, of course the density doesn't allow for it, especially in the days of quick and easy access to most information on the internet.

Kids books are hand me downs (or across from relatives or neighbors). How many "new" Dr Suess or Hardy Boys are there? I remember cleaning out my house, and reaching for the kids books to take. My daughter stopped me (I was thinking future grandkids, she didn't have any yet) and kept them all, knowing some day she'd want them. Now for Christmas they have a challenge, get the kids books they don't already have. Ahh, my many bookshelf library (memory, all gone) seems small compared to their collection.
     APM Reports: Hard Words: Why Aren't Our Kids Being Taught to Read? - (Ashton) - (11)
         Jesus H tap dancing Christ on a pogo stick! We've never hit 40% reading proficiency?!!111!ONE!??! -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Access? - (dmcarls) - (8)
             Maybe - (drook) - (7)
                 It's called Amazon -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                     Indeed. The Internet is the Intellectual Death of mankind. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                         It's not just the internet, this has been building for decades - (dmcarls)
                         Not so at all . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                 You don't have a library! Impoverished indeed -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                     Premise was "it didn’t have a single store selling a book for preschoolers" - (drook) - (1)
                         I have 3 barnes and noble within 10 miles - (crazy)
         Not quite as long, but shorter: - (CRConrad)

...and if a hundred!
48 ms