IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Broke a 9 minute mile yesterday.
As part of my upcoming career change, I've been working out a lot. Yesterday, I timed my run, and came in @ 8:59 for 1 mile. Not too huge, but...

Wasn't it early in the 20th century that the 10 minute mile was broken at the Olympics? Kinda boggles my mind when you realize that everyday people run what was an Olympic record 50 years ago...
InThane - Now running Ashton rev 2.0
New Sorry, that was a 4 minute mile!
[link|http://www.sptimes.com/News/121799/Sports/Bannister_stuns_world.shtml|Bannister. ] That's at 15 miles an hour.
Alex

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." -- Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
New Jump school at Fort Benning
One of the physical requirments- 2 miles in 10 minutes.
"As people do better, they start voting like Republicans...
...unless they have too much education and vote Democratic, which proves there can be too much of a good thing."
KARL ROVE
New No, it's been a little longer than that
According to [link|http://www.ex.ac.uk/cimt/data/olympics/olymindx.htm|this] the mile (1500m actually) was won in 4m 6.0s in Paris in 1900. The 4-minute barrier was considered unbreakable for quite a while. I can't find any records that go back far enough to see when 10min was world-class.

But a 9min mile is still pretty respectable.
===
Microsoft offers them the one thing most business people will pay any price for - the ability to say "we had no choice - everyone's doing it that way." -- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=38978|Andrew Grygus]
New Group reply - oh, well.
Damn, and I thought I'd done something great.

Hrm, was that the 10 second mark for the 100 meter dash I was thinking of?
InThane - Now running Ashton rev 2.0
New Re: done something great
Of course you have. You actually run. The only time I run is when I have a cold. A little Sudafed clears up the sniffles just fine.
"As people do better, they start voting like Republicans...
...unless they have too much education and vote Democratic, which proves there can be too much of a good thing."
KARL ROVE
New I agree - well done!
beating a Personal Best is fantastic - who cares what other folks have done - the fact that that's the best you've ever run is definitely something to crow about! When I used to regularly exercise I was always happy to shave a minute off my walk around the suburbs and along the beach. When I started it'd take about one and a quarter hours, and I eventually got it down to 45 minutes.

I would say with all this working out going on, it must be about time for an IWETHEY Lard-arse update, but, this particular lard-arse is not going to admit to anything! :-) The plan is that my new job will leave me a bit more time for exercising, but we'll see how quick I can make up excuses for not actually doing that exercise :-)
On and on and on and on,
and on and on and on goes John.
New Speaking of IWETHEYLARDIES--
I am about 185. I could stand to lose a few more, but I am also exercising and suspect that will take up a few more.

So I am happy with having lost my 25, and am planning to hold here and keep pushing my exercise level up to a plateau before deciding what to do long-term.

Cheers,
Ben
"... I couldn't see how anyone could be educated by this self-propagating system in which people pass exams, teach others to pass exams, but nobody knows anything."
--Richard Feynman
New WTF?
I am about 185. I could stand to lose a few more,

Are you fucking kidding me? The last time I saw you, a good stiff wind would have you leaning at a good 45 degree angle.

Guys who are tall like you can't possibly be overweight at 185. Puh-lease.....
New I am definitely not overweight
However I could do better on ye olde "pinch test". And when my shirt is off, the handles are still locateable (albeit smaller than they were).

But, most importantly, I no longer snore. :-)

Cheers,
Ben
"... I couldn't see how anyone could be educated by this self-propagating system in which people pass exams, teach others to pass exams, but nobody knows anything."
--Richard Feynman
     Broke a 9 minute mile yesterday. - (inthane-chan) - (9)
         Sorry, that was a 4 minute mile! - (a6l6e6x)
         Jump school at Fort Benning - (Silverlock)
         No, it's been a little longer than that - (drewk)
         Group reply - oh, well. - (inthane-chan) - (5)
             Re: done something great - (Silverlock) - (4)
                 I agree - well done! - (Meerkat) - (3)
                     Speaking of IWETHEYLARDIES-- - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                         WTF? - (n3jja) - (1)
                             I am definitely not overweight - (ben_tilly)

Not even for a Scooby Snack...?
72 ms