IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I've stopped using the word "Conservative" to describe a political mindset.
Instead, I've begun using the word that really is the opposite of "liberal." Living in Indiana, there is no shortage of folks you encounter who use the word "liberal" as a pejorative. Several times in the past few weeks when I've encountered such folks I ask them, "Do you know what the opposite of liberal is?" They've replied, "Conservative." I inform them that this is incorrect and they ask, "Well, what is it then?" I say, "illiberal." In three of four cases, really unsurprisingly, they've replied, "Illiberal. I like that."

I'm in no danger of offending these people. They don't read and so it is unlikely in the extreme that they'll ever bother to look up the definition or its synonyms.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Nice touch ;^>
New You got that right!
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     Another compact exchange re ~ w.t.f. ..ARE? 'these Muricans' anyway. - (Ashton) - (3)
         I've stopped using the word "Conservative" to describe a political mindset. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
             Nice touch ;^> -NT - (Ashton)
             You got that right! -NT - (a6l6e6x)

As soon as I saw something about exploding whales, I couldn't help but click.
79 ms