IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I'm just wondering......
What would our society be like if those were reversed?

If it was a taboo to show people being killed and parents were uncomfortable with discussing the subject
-and-
They weren't uncomfortable with discussing sex as an intimate affection?

Well, for one thing, Nintendo and PlayStation games would be a LOT different.
New We could replace GI Joe...
with Bend Over Barbie and Homo Joe... (Please note: I do not mean to offend anyone, it was a cheap rhyme!!!)

It's reminding me of an old George Carlin routine where he talks about much the same issue and goes into a skit about substituting the word f&*k for kill in a lot of movies... "F&*k the ump, f&*k the ump"... "Okay, Lester, we're gonna f&*k you now, but we're gonna do it real slow." :-)

I understand and agree with you point and have been making it for a long time. I don't know how we got so screwed up with our priorities. I think Bill is hitting on a big part of it with the "comfort level" of the adults in the equation, but I can't, for the life of me, understand why we could feel comfortable talking about death (try explaining to a 2 year old about where Grandpa went... You'll get a good feel for where the concept of "heaven" comes in handy) or especially senseless killing for entertainment. I understand the discomfort of discussing sex with kids in this culture, I don't understand the lack of discomfort discussing violence and murder...

We need to put it back on society's To Do list, n'est ce pas?
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

There's nothing in the streets
Looks any different to me
And the slogans are replaced, by-the-bye
And the parting on the left
Are now parting on the right
And the beards have all grown longer overnight

P. Townshend - Won't Get Fooled Again
     A great quote and some more stuff... - (screamer) - (15)
         "Moral" proportion. - (Brandioch) - (14)
             killing is ammoral murder is immoral -NT - (boxley) - (13)
                 Killing, murder, vigilantism, human sacrifice, sex. - (Brandioch) - (12)
                     hes a poet and didnt know it :) - (boxley) - (11)
                         Gotta wonder though... - (inthane-chan)
                         Comfort and morals. - (Brandioch) - (9)
                             When the Only thing you really Fear is - (Ashton)
                             not moral, comfort level - (boxley) - (7)
                                 One problem with your allegory. - (Brandioch) - (6)
                                     Yes, it is our Puritan subliminal heritage. - (Ashton) - (2)
                                         I'm just wondering...... - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                             We could replace GI Joe... - (screamer)
                                     point = missed ? - (boxley) - (2)
                                         You mean where they slaughter the ox-thing? - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                             just making sure -NT - (boxley)

I've got you in my hands.
78 ms