I'm not a 1%er who only hangs out with other 1%ers and lives in a gated compound.

Life is much better for me when kids I encounter are happy and see a bright future for themselves and I don't have to worry about whether they're stoned on "bath salts" and "crocodile" and meth and will mug me for my phone and credit cards. Kids with too much time on their hands (un- and under-employed, not in school, etc.) are too often a threat to themselves, their future, and society in general.

Life is much better for me when the transportation system works efficiently and I don't have to worry about choking to death in a smoke-filled tunnel. Cars stuck in traffic damage the environment as well.

Life is much better for me when I can make economic decisions about changing jobs based on something more than "will I have health insurance at all"?

Etc.

I'm willing to lose a tiny bit of relative status - via higher taxes - to pay for those things. That is an excellent trade in my eyes. And that has almost nothing to do with the reality that progress is incremental.

It's the 1%ers who aren't willing to give up any status. You know this.

Your fantasy of some Glorious Second American Revolution that will [missing step 2] and then we'll all live in Paradise Society [except for the Clintons and any previous member of the DLC] is a just a fantasy. It's far, far more likely that the 1%ers will still be on top after the GSAR than the other way around. I'm not going to be losing my private plane when the GSAR comes.

The Founding Fathers were rich white guys....

Meet the new boss; same as the old boss....

You know all this.

Cheers,
Scott.