IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Indeed. The worst sort of taint. She lost to Drumpf!
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Not to mention meetings on tarmac.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New And I hear that she maybe didn't pay a tip once, also too.

;-)

What's this?!?!! OMG, The Obamas are doing it too!!1 Why won't they just GO AWAY!!1!11ONEONEONE!!11

(sigh)

Cheers,
Scott.
New It allowed for the worst of interpretations.
The risk/rewaerd ratio was very bad!
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New They made crap up about her (and just about every other elected Democrat).
They attack her because she's powerful, persuasive, and appealing. Going away is what the GOP wants her to do. Why should she listen to them? She's smart to keep doing what she's doing to help the party.

MM isn't the audience she's trying to reach. Not you nor me, either. She's working to make women more powerful in politics. She's very good at it.

Similarly for the Obamas. They're not going to go away, and they shouldn't.

My $0.02.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Powerful, persuasive, appealing, one outta 3 ain't bad
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New She's good at making women in politics powerful? How? Through wedlock?
Look, the point isn't whether or not most of the crap said about her was true or not. I've long ago concurred that Republicans are pathological liars and virtually all, if not entirely all, of the criticisms they made of her were a pack of lies and distortions. We've no argument on that score. The point is that it *worked* with far too many stupid Americans (who are legion, btw).

On the West coast and in the NE coast it doesn't hurt to be associated with her (in fact, it probably helps). But in the other 40 states she is largely reviled. It doesn't matter if that revulsion is justified or not, she hurts candidates in virtually all of those 40 states by supporting them.

If we learned nothing else from the 2016 election, we should at least recognize that the ideas of Third Way New Democrats were rejected in the most forceful and destructive manner imaginable and no longer have any place in our politics.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
     For $DEITY's sake! No. Just ... NO. - (mmoffitt) - (35)
         Surely, like the Koch brothers, there's a way to do it under the table. - (a6l6e6x) - (7)
             Indeed. The worst sort of taint. She lost to Drumpf! -NT - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                 Not to mention meetings on tarmac. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (5)
                     And I hear that she maybe didn't pay a tip once, also too. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                         It allowed for the worst of interpretations. - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
                             They made crap up about her (and just about every other elected Democrat). - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                 Powerful, persuasive, appealing, one outta 3 ain't bad -NT - (boxley)
                                 She's good at making women in politics powerful? How? Through wedlock? - (mmoffitt)
         Yeah, I mean, like... - (Another Scott) - (1)
             ROFL! - (mmoffitt)
         You and boxley should form a support group. -NT - (rcareaga) - (24)
             yeah, support anybody but clinton group :-) -NT - (boxley) - (23)
                 This country would be far better off today - (rcareaga) - (22)
                     You may be wrong . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                     Nit. s/far better/incrementally better. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (20)
                         A large increment :-P -NT - (drook) - (19)
                             Real change doesn't come incrementally. TFP. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (18)
                                 Actual Progress is Always Incremental. - (Another Scott) - (17)
                                     These fifteen [crash] ... Ten ... These ten commandments ... -NT - (drook)
                                     Some counter-examples to your argument. - (mmoffitt) - (15)
                                         Meh. I doubt that American slaves would say that the Revolution was "real change"... - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                             I'd call "Ending a Monarchy" a pretty big real change. YMMV. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                 How so? - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                     And incremental change poses no threat to your status, right? That's really why it''s better, no? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                         (sigh) - (Another Scott)
                                         The American "Revolution" - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                             I don't have any illusions about the American Revolution, but see one-liner above. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                         So was dumping Ukraine’s Putin stooge Yanukovitch that you thought was undemocratic at the time -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (7)
                                             And which country colluded and fake news and funded that action? -NT - (boxley)
                                             ignore dupe -NT - (boxley) - (5)
                                                 Who's he dupe we're supposed to ignore? - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                                                     not me, reading page 613 family circle cookbook. Have a box of apples and am too cheap - (boxley) - (3)
                                                         Crusts are easy - (drook) - (2)
                                                             Nice. My grandfather taught me the 2 knives trick (but he used table knives). -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                             Hey, I have that book! -NT - (boxley)

I liked Dragon Ball Z better; it didn't try as hard to be idiotic.
133 ms