IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New freakin wierd on the ok hand signal first I have heard of the issue
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New PS: weerd be one o' those back-assards Exceptions to i-before-e Rulez, aka
Weird is.. well, weird! is the only way I can ever remember to do it Rihgt, y'know? ;^>
New Good example of culture jamming
We all know the "innocent" and "circle game" uses of that sign. This new use us designed for deniability, which means it's designed for trolling. They were pretty explicit about this: "To any who haven’t seen the original thread, our goal is to convince people on twitter that the 'ok' hand sign has been co-opted by neo-nazis."

I predict (if it hasn't already happened) someone is going to troll the OK and in their defense they'll cite the fact that the swastika was appropriated from eastern religions where it was a symbol of auspiciousness, and that you can't hold the symbol accountable for the bad people who have decided to use it. And/or you can't hold the cross accountable for the KKK who burn it in their ceremonies.

Here's the difference: For all those cops flashing the sign in that photo, I challenge you to find a single photo of any of them doing that prior to the 4chan thread that started this meme. If it doesn't exist - and it doesn't - it proves the cops are trolling at best, actual white supremacists at worst. And when your best-case scenario is that you're not actually a white supremacist, you just think it's funny to pretend you are ... that's still pretty bad.
--

Drew
     Signs of the pre-Apocalypse - (Ashton) - (6)
         freakin wierd on the ok hand signal first I have heard of the issue -NT - (boxley) - (2)
             PS: weerd be one o' those back-assards Exceptions to i-before-e Rulez, aka - (Ashton)
             Good example of culture jamming - (drook)
         The first thing we do ... - (mmoffitt) - (2)
             Can't disagree with that! - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                 Nor I with that. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)

This is the most insane thing I've seen in six or seven hours.
42 ms