"We turn to Marx, therefore, not because he is infallible, but because he is inescapable." Today, in a world of both unheard-of wealth and abject poverty, where the richest 85 people have more wealth than the poorest 3 billion, the famous cry, "Workers of the world unite; you have nothing to lose but your chains," has yet to lose its potency.

Am hoping to snatch-the-Time to start at pp1 of my recent acquisition of two seminal Opera--the plural of Opus; cute, no?--Capital and Mein Kampff.
Since *First Editions (in this case: allegedly re 'in English Trans') it's not always that the fact is noted, though these are Alleged thus.

* Maybe this is akin to the idea/faux pas that: you never intro your mate as "this is my First-wife". Eh? ;^>

Frontispiece for Capital says, "Translated from the third German edition, by Samuel Moore and Edward Aveling ... And Edited By Frederick Engels. NY The Humboldt Publishing Co."
Engels' Preface dated November 5, 1886. Marx's preface is dated LONDON, January 24, 1873.

I Feare that this well may oer'crow my Spirit.. as Econ ever excites the vibrations of a bad piece of chalk on a real blackboard.