IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New you get buildings like that with public money
architects want to build something different but we have been building things from the mudhut days, not a lot of new out there. So to fix this, put the plans out to bid then let the buying public vote on the monstrosity of their choice.
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Not always.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New fugly indeed
New I can give that melange a Pass..
Somehow it seems almost apt ... for the actual daily activities of its inmates; it could even stimulate the arabesques of Imagination necessary for "The New" to sorta begin to happen. Maybe.

(But that IS a quite specialized population.) Foisting this cognitive dissonance on all comers .. abject victims having to commute there daily and/or those forced to look at it (as that French square-penis sticking up for what can only be described as No Reason At All) ..that stuff remains the least interesting aspect of the jejune, as we Conservatives (not those Reactionary imposters) like to say.
New roof lines, drainage, whoops? wonder what the maintenance costs are
New Funny you should bring it up.
As I read the article, I kept expecting Maria Stata to show up as an example. But, it never did.

As I have not seen it, perhaps it's different in real life.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     On the philosophy of architecture - (malraux) - (25)
         Nice. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Long-form Kunstler - (drook)
         Thanks.. a virtual manifesto: Capitalism eats culture, and it makes ugly places. Money has no taste. - (Ashton) - (2)
             We are Borg. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                 !! :-/ The algorithmic symmetry of a Mindless futchah? -NT - (Ashton)
         you get buildings like that with public money - (boxley) - (5)
             Not always. - (malraux) - (4)
                 fugly indeed -NT - (boxley)
                 I can give that melange a Pass.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                     roof lines, drainage, whoops? wonder what the maintenance costs are -NT - (boxley)
                 Funny you should bring it up. - (a6l6e6x)
         What an odd article. - (static) - (12)
             Well, here in Los Angeles . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 I can understand that. - (static)
             Atlantikwall architektur - (scoenye)
             I too enjoy brutalist architecture - (pwhysall) - (8)
                 I agree some of it looks cool, when it fits the environment - (drook) - (7)
                     Oh get out, that's awesome. -NT - (pwhysall) - (6)
                         Agreed minimalist lines where function follows form -NT - (boxley)
                         Cool to look at, not to live in -NT - (drook) - (4)
                             Ya think? - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                 Well, the added greenery does tend to hide the transistorized mindset - (Ashton) - (2)
                                     The greenery helps a ton - (drook) - (1)
                                         I can feel the tetanus and lead poisoning through the screen. -NT - (malraux)
         Oh crap, more homework - (drook)

Black candle lit.
117 ms