IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Schneider Award --> Michael Mann. Commonwealth Club (npr)
Commonwealth Club. Re-run may be up in a day or so..

Seventh Annual Stephen H. Schneider Award For Outstanding Climate Science Communication

The seventh annual Stephen Schneider Award will be awarded to Michael Mann. According to Schneider Award juror Ben Santer, Professor Mike Mann has been a world leader in scientific efforts to understand the natural variability of the climate system and to reconstruct global temperature variations over the past two millennia. This critically important work led to the famous hockey?stick temperature reconstruction. The hockey stick provides compelling evidence for the emergence of a human?caused warming signal from the background noise of natural fluctuations in climate.

New the hockey stick? ffs
https://www.technologyreview.com/s/403256/global-warming-bombshell/
Mann has contributed a lot of good science towards understanding climate and carbon forcing but the freakin hockey stick was debunked a long time ago
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New You're using the same words, but not the same meanings
For some people "debunked" simply means that someone has provided a plausible-sounding refutation that's easier to follow than the truth.

It's like when you tell a 4-year-old to wash their hands for dinner and they turn the water on, stand there for 10 seconds with the water running, then turn it off. They did a thing at the sink with water, so now you have to spend 10 minutes defining "wash" and "your" and "hands".

And you know they'll do it again tomorrow.
--

Drew
New you forget that I examined the source code of the programs that mann et al were using
The programming was fine, it was the data sets introduced that could lead to whatever result one was aiming at. My beef is with the adjusted data sets that eliminated anything but a hockey stick.
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
     Schneider Award --> Michael Mann. Commonwealth Club (npr) - (Ashton) - (5)
         the hockey stick? ffs - (boxley) - (4)
             FFS, no it wasn't. - (malraux) - (3)
                 You're using the same words, but not the same meanings - (drook)
                 you forget that I examined the source code of the programs that mann et al were using - (boxley) - (1)
                     You're beating a dead horse. - (Another Scott)

And they're even healthy for you, because I made them with my milk.
62 ms