IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I have become a victim of the fires and mudslides.
My main business phone line went out - and AT&T says it will be more than a week before they can fix it because every existing repair technician has been sent up north.
New ouch, your customers have alternate ways to reach you I hope
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New If Andrew can post here, he has email.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Could be worse, of course.
There have been a bunch of phones out at work for over a week, and we can't blame fires or mudslides. :-/

Seriously, I hope it's fixed soon and doesn't impact your business.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Well, basically . . . . .
. . I consider myself mostly retired, but I'm still servicing some clients. In any case, should they call, their call goes directly to voice mail without even a single ring. I can access voice mail and call them back on the fax line.

Trudie also set me up with a personal line, which I have told the KSU never to ring (nothing comes in on that line except junk). I have now set it to ring one extension because that's the number I told AT&T to call in on.

Problem: now I have to answer all the junk calls that come in on that line, which is also the phone number many have assigned as that of my deceased brother. He's still getting a lot of solicitations for "pre-need" burial, health insurance, life insurance, and credit cards. Apparently his credit rating is quite good now, under my care. Well, it wasn't bad under his care, but there were those unpaid bills upon his death. Several solicitations have congratulated him on getting his life straightened away.

Somehow my address got listed as an address where a veteran lives. Well, I did hold his ashes here for about a year until his ex girlfriend** was ready to do a big party (invoices forwarded to me) and scatter them.

Now, I'm getting documents forwarded to me telling me how to protect my veterans rights. The draft board threw me out on my ear with a 1Y. Oh, what a fantastic story that was. I entered as a red blooded young patriot and exited as a hardened cynic.

I made one serious mistake, and have regretted it ever since. The ball point pen we got to fill out some initial documents was emblazoned "Government Property, Do Not Steal" I didn't realize until a scant few hours later I should have stolen that pen. There's a blank space on my wall where it should be framed and enshrined.

** Ex Girlfriend. It was one of those things like in the song, "He was the Love of my Life, but Not the One I Married". She was into horses, he was into motorcycles, and the two weren't totally compatible.
     I have become a victim of the fires and mudslides. - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
         ouch, your customers have alternate ways to reach you I hope -NT - (boxley) - (1)
             If Andrew can post here, he has email. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Could be worse, of course. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Well, basically . . . . . - (Andrew Grygus)

I'm sorry, I came here for an argument!
79 ms