1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New See "Prosperity Theology"
--

Drew
New And that is absolue total bullshit.
If you want a valid claim to being a Christian (and expect the promise of salvation) you must live in accordance.

"Whoever believeth in me shall have eternal life."

A little catch here. If you "believeth in him" you live in accordance with the principles he hath layeth before you. If you don't, then your claim of belief is bogus, and will be recognized as such (see New Testament).

It doesn't matter a piss what religion you claim to adhere to, you follow that kind of bullshit St. Peter's gonna pull the lever on the trap door to hell, Angel Michael will fillet you with his flaming sword, Anubus will toss your heart to the Eater of the Dead, you will be reincarnated as an untouchable with the job of cleaning latrines at a leper colony, or similar - or perhaps all of those. The rules don't vary much from one religion to another.

A major reason I departed the devout Christian faith of my childhood was realization that 99.97 & 1/3 of persons claiming to be Christians are nothing of the sort, not even close.

Let 'em all burn in hell (or whatever punishment they think they are going to escape by unsupported "belief").

"Belief" cripples the mind.
New Church-driven Christianity has become a cult.
And I don't say that lightly.

A great deal of even vaguely evangelical church-goers listen to the sermon teachings each Sunday and take it to heart. They don't question it, they don't read their Bible for themselves, they barely even discuss it with other congregants. They're basically told not to. This is almost exactly how the church ran for hundreds of years before the Reformation. It is also how several other monotheistic religions have run for hundreds if not thousands of years.

Wade.
New (Species-wide, then..) "Belief" has become homo-Sap's Epitaph (and epithet ..a Two-fer, eh?)
I Believe ..I'll have another glass of Moscato Amabile
New Just saw this today
https://youtu.be/7y1xJAVZxXg

It's from 2015, but it's all still true.
--

Drew
New Hilarious.. except in its implications
but see the ~3 min. Followup on results (actual cash sent, apparently not all chickenfeed --> Doctors Without Borders...as every decent folk would have wished, I wot.

{{Alas}}

Not a single Evangelist I've ever encountered..
has even a soupçon of a Sense of Humor (or even Humour.)
DOOMED == *ALL* of us should their 'seeds' manage to debilitate [more..] quadrillions of neurons ... next.

Carrion. You've been Watching it.
     A kinda.. Critique of Pure <strike>Reason</strike> Lying - (Ashton) - (16)
         Aye, but in the end, will it matter? - (mmoffitt) - (14)
             There are not so many Christians in the Fly-over States. - (Andrew Grygus) - (13)
                 beg 2 disagree the christians there are - (boxley) - (7)
                     As I state in my post, CINOs - Christians in Name Only - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
                         See "Prosperity Theology" - (drook) - (5)
                             And that is absolue total bullshit. - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                                 Church-driven Christianity has become a cult. - (static) - (1)
                                     (Species-wide, then..) "Belief" has become homo-Sap's Epitaph (and epithet ..a Two-fer, eh?) - (Ashton)
                                 Just saw this today - (drook) - (1)
                                     Hilarious.. except in its implications - (Ashton)
                 You expect to find people who follow the alleged teachings of Christ in Capitalist America? - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                     ..well, when a tribe has come to ƒeare all Truthiness (..more even, than their very-own Debbil-guy?) - (Ashton) - (3)
                         Here are among the reasons why the UK is a more pleasant place. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                             It's not just snark when they say... - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                 That's all well and good. But I'm unconvinced that "going to church" isn't in and of itself evil. - (mmoffitt)
         Incumbents are usually reelected - (dmcarls)

I'm paraphrasing, because it's easier than research.
54 ms