IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Origin of Plants and Animals
I have completely updated, corrected and expanded my Plants and Animals page, with a whole bunch of sub-pages and illustrations.

Life in the Beginning
New very impressive
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Dammit, there goes my morning
Tyop: close parentheses after "2.4 Billion", and lower case the B.
--

Drew
New If.. an encyclopædia is supposed to 'organize lots-of-stuff'
(but usually with nary a Road-map to ~related--and How!?--obv. queries ... even after Intarweb) then:

YOU are post- mere-Encyclopædias; believe that makes you: more Reason-able;
tl;dr: Bitchin, Man!
New My guiding principle is . . .
. . to compose pages so that when I return to them in the future they include what I want to know in the form I want to see it - basically, to maximize speed of comprehension.
New If only..
[fantasy from the bowels of the dis-USA]
Someone with that aim (and the capability to complete)
..would catalog the litany of daily Lies of the Orange man/boy, maybe just over the past 4 years or so, then

Fewer Muricans would ever again be able to get away with, "Gosh ... I just didn't know!"
[/all-hope]
New Your application is now topping the listicle.
An impressive start; with suitable cartoons by Edward Gorey (Addams Family, etc.) ... and a few world-class ideas re distribution. Maybe presented on vellum in a coffee-table edition (mayhap signed-on-cover? by the identifiable Target-persons) of his most-petulant/inane/Vengeful specimens.
(Charge Lots for this: to fund the later-on helicopter drops in the less expensive editions)

LOVE the creative NYT presentation..
Why the colored cubes almost exactly match a Yuuge "Chart of the Nuclides" (all them isotopes n'such) in a corner of the kitchen.

And Someone could do-Well-by-doin'-Good by creating the first Stunning display of Lies/Minute since DRT was first unleashed on an unsuspecting world.

Carrion
Sometimes it's the Splunge-noise ya gets when a helicopter-drop just happens to be nearby and a few tomes--via sheer magical luck
--might land on an Orange toe? Are his feet tiny, too?

Otpy
Expand Edited by Ashton Nov. 29, 2017, 05:14:40 PM EST
New Realy tough to keep editor mind set when the content is so intersting.
But, I caught this truly minor item:

In the Animals section

"... all reptiles, frogs lizards, snakes, ..."

needs comma after frogs.

It also made me think of the expression I've heard -- "There's fungus among us!" :)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New I have added Ribosomes to the Eukaryotes page.
Ribosomes are tiny, but just too interesting to leave out.

Eukaryotes.
New I think you got something backwards
Fungus page

When times are good they send up fruiting bodies which are the "mushrooms"

When times are good the mycelium will grow indefinitely. When there is a threatening event (such as temperature drop) or food runs out it will then fruit to produce spores to ensure survival.

Writing as someone who has researched and grown them fore years. Of course, there are those subtypes that will fruit easily, so we may not notice the particular trigger, but they are not the norm.
New Thanks - I'll look into that.
     Origin of Plants and Animals - (Andrew Grygus) - (11)
         very impressive -NT - (boxley)
         Dammit, there goes my morning - (drook)
         If.. an encyclopædia is supposed to 'organize lots-of-stuff' - (Ashton) - (4)
             My guiding principle is . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                 If only.. - (Ashton) - (2)
                     Well ... - (drook) - (1)
                         Your application is now topping the listicle. - (Ashton)
         Realy tough to keep editor mind set when the content is so intersting. - (a6l6e6x)
         I have added Ribosomes to the Eukaryotes page. - (Andrew Grygus)
         I think you got something backwards - (crazy) - (1)
             Thanks - I'll look into that. -NT - (Andrew Grygus)

There are some who call me... Tim.
66 ms