IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Scouse
The November program for Musica Donavania is always the "Saint Cecilia" event, celebrating the music of Henry Purcell (1659 - 1695), the last great English composer before the dawn of the 20th Century.

For this event (which I do not host) I always bring an English dish. This time it is Scouse, which is inseparable from the port of Liverpool. Purcell wasn't from Liverpool, but London was (and is) a seaport. Purcell spent plenty of time in the local pubs, and anywhere there were sailors, some variety of Lobscuse was surely served.

Scouse
New If you called it Irish stew, I would believe it.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Irish Stew is very similar . . .
Ireland also had seaports. Various aspects of Liverpool culture can actually be traced to Ireland - and vice versa.

Of course, there's not much in a "traditional" Irish Stew that's native to Ireland.

Ireland got South American potatoes from ships of the Spanish Armada that were wrecked on the northern shores of Ireland. The Spanish carried them to ward off scurvy.

The Victorian English claimed that it was the English, particularly Sir Francis Drake, who introduced potatoes to the Irish (Drake had a large estate stolen from the Irish). In actuality the Irish were growing potatoes as a significant crop for decades before they were introduced to England.
     Scouse - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
         If you called it Irish stew, I would believe it. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Irish Stew is very similar . . . - (Andrew Grygus)

Its superficial lower whole number is belongs to us!
65 ms