IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New And even (2) isn't guaranteed
Isn't there some technique whereby you follow the real world around and marry it up to the transactions in the blockchain?

i.e.

I buy a thing for £123.45 on the 22nd of October at 12.34pm {-- law enforcement can prove this, but can't prove the seller

There's a transaction for £123.45 on the 22nd of October at 12.34pm {-- law enforcement can also prove this, but can't prove that I'm the buyer

One transaction ain't gonna cut it, natch, but if there's a big old pile of transactions that line up, then that's starting to look like the kind of evidence that would convince a jury.

Or something. I'm bound to have all the details wrong here.
Expand Edited by pwhysall Oct. 25, 2017, 01:54:52 AM EDT
New And of course it's a product
New Yeah, that's the point
At some point you have to turn your cryptocurrency into "real" money. And the chain ensures that you can follow the money forward and back from that point.
--

Drew
New I think it's even more insidious than that, on reflection
I'm sure I read a thing where people were just following bitcoin transactions around - not even looking for real currency entering/exiting the system.

Lemme google that shit when I get home. I recall it being quite interesting.
     Cryptocurrency realization - (drook) - (5)
         Yup. Heard a story on the radio yesterday about someone at Crane's paper. - (Another Scott)
         And even (2) isn't guaranteed - (pwhysall) - (3)
             And of course it's a product - (pwhysall)
             Yeah, that's the point - (drook) - (1)
                 I think it's even more insidious than that, on reflection - (pwhysall)

My Mom, who is vacationing in Aruba...
174 ms