IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Not exactly about food . . .
. . but up on the clovegarden site.

I have finally gotten my Modern Paganism page wrestled into good enough shape that I can share it, though it will continue to be refined and expanded. A final major effort was inspired partially by the re-appearance of The Church of the Eternal Source, a group I had been loosely associated with (really great parties) in the distant past.

I was trying to recover some materials pertinent to my history of Musica Donavania that had disappeared when the CESIdaho site went off-line. I finally tracked down one Dr. Michael Poe (PHD in Egyptology) who had been involved, and wrote him a letter to which he did not respond - until months later when he sent me an email reporting the re-appearance of CES in the public world.

Apparently it took them 7 years after the death of the last founder to decide how they were going to go forward. I immediately filled out a rather complex membership form (mostly essay questions) and was accepted (I had not been an actual member back in the '70s).

My certificate of membership is now on display in the office. My assistant, T, who maintains she's both a Christian and a Trump supporter, will be horrified.

I have no idea how you can be both - the way I see it is that Trump personifies almost everything Jesus taught against, and supporting Trump disqualifies one from any claim to be a Christian.

Anyway, she will be horrified. Not horrified by my Paganism (which she already knows about, and doesn't want to hear about) but because on the certificate "Church of the Eternal Source" is emblazoned in Papyrus. This is a font the use of which every page layout professional has been indoctrinated into considering far more evil than mere religious heresy - in evil second only to Comic Sans.

Anyway, the certificate is quite nice. Since CES is a "Federation of Neo-Egyptian Reconstruction Temples" I printed it on a very high quality papyrus colored paper, and I think the font looks just fine there.

When they get their stuff together (they're posting 1800 documents regarding Egyptian religion and getting their on-line training stuff together), I will probably take the priesthood training. Fortunately, as with most Pagan groups, being a priest within CES is not considered exclusive of other Pagan practices (or even Christian practices, within reason).

But, anyway, here's my page:

A Pagan Reality - In Our Time.

OK, somebody's going to want to see the Papyrus font, so, here it is:

CES Certification
New Nice.
(We do have a religion forum it could've been posted in.)

I have not spoken here of my spiritual journey in the last decade and will continue to not do so, but one thing I will say is that I have developed the word "churchianity" to describe the kind of "Christian" whose allegiance is to their pulpit speaker of choice and will often have not read their own Bible themselves in many a year. A lot of Trump supporters who call themselves "Christian" would neatly fall into that. They're happy to be told what to do and what to say and what to believe without question because they're taught to not question it. :-/

Wade.
New Hurr ... They called you a "Member"
I'm not bothered by the Papyrus so much as by their failure to center it.
--

Drew
New I noticed that off-center, but . . .
. . clearly they don't have a professional page layout person, because that person would have refused to use the Papyrus font for fear of being ridiculed by his/her peers.
New About that ridicule thing (question for Rand)
Supposing you were a professional page layout person. Would you put every little certificate you do in your portfolio?
--

Drew
New Have yet to savour the entirety, but
suffice it to opine-at-once:
Boffo! the Sanest commentary in the religio- Void, seen in many a year*,
(In rants, evangelical-persistent-doggerel and other 'concise' sloganeering, so often the concise aspect is, simply memorized doggerel w/ a Capital-D.)
Your concision never hints of such dopey lazy-mindlessness.

* OK though, for reasons implied in the above: it's also true that I've confined any forays into the Opiate-of-Masses? arena to--> the Un-read purgatory
on inspection. But there are other, esoteric materials with which I maintain some connection. You've earned (just here) a Sanity+perspicuity Award
[adorned with lovely pentagonally-arrayed 5-mummified-GOP-ears] in lieu of the palm fronds.

Will read more, anon .

Carrion, its what the unSane stuff sounds like, all over that radio dial..
New LRPD
"One shall be the number of Mojo Jojos in the world, and the number of Mojo Jojos in the world shall be one. Two Mojo Jojos is too many, and three is right out!"
New Neat.
I hope they can find someone to redo the CotES web pages soon. ;-)

Either way, have fun!

Cheers,
Scott.
New Oh, they're at it all right . . .
. . this small crew already has more stuff up than the CESOmaha site had, and they're just starting. What they have now is pretty rough, definitely they need more HTML expertise, but they intend to use two sites. Free sites have a 3-Gig limit, which is not enough for the material, and after 7 years of dormancy they haven't much money. They're working on putting up 1866 documents, divided between archaeological studies and neo-Pagan material. They project it'll take 3 years to get all the material up.

Since Dr. Poe has a PHD in archaeology and Egyptology, and has been a Pagan priest for over 40 years, he has a really good grasp of the material and how it should be used. The site states right up front, without hedging, absolutely no racism, no sexism, and freedom to participate in multiple religions if you so please.
New Funny you should do this now.
Just saw this commercial on cable TV: Ronals Reagan, son of the Saint.

It is followed by George Carlin 10.5 minute related monologue.

Have fun with it!
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New ..as spawns a cornucopia of Subversively-cogent clips: it's a Mini-infinite-Series! ;^>
er, {{snort!}}
New All kneel before the sentient LRPD
Your Freak God[tm] was HERE!
New "Those are German nouns, so they must always be capitalized."
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New "Meta-Admin Notice: You Sillies "
     Not exactly about food . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (13)
         Nice. - (static)
         Hurr ... They called you a "Member" - (drook) - (2)
             I noticed that off-center, but . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 About that ridicule thing (question for Rand) - (drook)
         Have yet to savour the entirety, but - (Ashton) - (1)
             LRPD - (Andrew Grygus)
         Neat. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Oh, they're at it all right . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         Funny you should do this now. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             ..as spawns a cornucopia of Subversively-cogent clips: it's a Mini-infinite-Series! ;^> - (Ashton)
         All kneel before the sentient LRPD - (crazy) - (2)
             "Those are German nouns, so they must always be capitalized." -NT - (malraux)
             "Meta-Admin Notice: You Sillies " -NT - (Ashton)

Well as long as I don't breathe, there's always a chance that I won't need oxygen.
187 ms