IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Not soon enough to change Drumpf's mind.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New The thing that surprised me about Mar-a-Lago
is how small it is.

Only one- or two-storey for the most part, no attached golf course, only one outside pool. There's nearly as much car park as there is grass.

Now, size isn't everything, but this is Donald Trump, in which case it is.

Obviously I've never been inside, but I'm willing to bet that it's "opulent" in that particular "poor person's idea of what rich people like" way that seems to be his trademark.
New Like this?
--

Drew
New Can't see that from here, but
yes.

https://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2016/03/15/us/politics/a-look-inside-mar-a-lago/s/16butler-ss-slide-NIYO.html

ETA: it's weird that Trump doesn't really understand luxury or opulence (Mar-a-Lago, going by these pictures, looks exactly what my grandmother - from poor stock who married a miner - would have done, reasoning along the lines of "well, rich people like gold, right? So if I have lots of gold, it'll look like a rich person's house!"), given that he's been richer than god since he was a foetus.
Expand Edited by pwhysall Sept. 23, 2017, 08:42:57 AM EDT
New I think his model is the Hermitage
--

Drew
New Further proof that money breeds bad taste.
New Shouldn't that have been strumpets? :)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     NPR Forum today: excellent report, "'Coasts in Crisis' Warns of Threats to Coastal Zones" - (Ashton) - (9)
         Will Mar-a-Lago go under soon? -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (8)
             Probably. - (static) - (7)
                 Not soon enough to change Drumpf's mind. -NT - (malraux) - (6)
                     The thing that surprised me about Mar-a-Lago - (pwhysall) - (5)
                         Like this? - (drook) - (4)
                             Can't see that from here, but - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                 I think his model is the Hermitage -NT - (drook)
                                 Further proof that money breeds bad taste. -NT - (Andrew Grygus)
                             Shouldn't that have been strumpets? :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)

Considered an odd number by mathematicians around the world.
91 ms