IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New NYT on dedicated chips for AI apps
Interesting piece, although I could wish it had gone a bit deeper into the weeds (might have required a tech-savvier reporter). One researcher predicts that the new approach (offloading functions at present handled by CPUs to ancillary specialized chips) will be to AI as the “Cambrian explosion” was to biology.

The two photographs of Google’s “Tensor Processing Unit” resemble an architect’s model for a big public housing project. Pruitt-Intel, anyone?

cordially,
New Relatedly...
New Common denominator of these two 'essays' ?
New I wot:
Æ ... maybe our finest minimalist-Harbinger of the-Blindingly-Obvious!?
(but only: once you've been jarred-Awake!! momentarily.. so as actually To See what you just sorta ~ viewed.)

No?
New Did you see the new Apple iPhone processor?
The A11 chip:

A11 Bionic chip with 64-bit architecture
Neural Engine
Embedded M11 motion coprocessor
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New that concept has been around a looonnnggg time, here, have a buncha ones and zeros come back
and tell me whether I need a one or a zero.
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
     NYT on dedicated chips for AI apps - (rcareaga) - (5)
         Relatedly... - (Another Scott)
         Common denominator of these two 'essays' ? - (Ashton) - (1)
             I wot: - (Ashton)
         Did you see the new Apple iPhone processor? - (a6l6e6x)
         that concept has been around a looonnnggg time, here, have a buncha ones and zeros come back - (boxley)

Like a cat on a hot tin roof.
111 ms