IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Oh, you mean corporate use
Because of course if a corporation does it, it's bad.
--

Drew
New Yeah, I assumed as much but wanted to be sure
He means not controlled by whoever he deems "correct". He'd fall into a 1984 scenario in a blink. Worse than Luddite, far more dangerous.
New Demur.
It is not 'Luddite' to recognize and despise the actual effects of the dis-USA practice all along, loosely lumped as (no descriptors) 'Capitalism'
Evil is as evil does, even with such exceptions as: the guy whose steel foundry burnt down; he got mucho Insurance.
Then he REBUILT the sucker (obvious in the telling) to maintain the workers' JOBS.

(So Corps don't Have to Be Evil; simply the directors Choose their/and others' own poison, non?)
     "Weapons of Math Destruction How Big Data Increases Inequality and Threatens Democracy." - (Ashton) - (28)
         Accelerating inequality has always been the only possible "contribution" of computer technology. - (mmoffitt) - (25)
             Yeah, but being wrong is kind of a hobby for you, right? - (pwhysall) - (19)
                 In what way has private use of IT made life better? - (mmoffitt) - (18)
                     Ever read a 100-page legal "brief"? - (drook)
                     I don't even know what "private IT" means. -NT - (malraux)
                     Bull By-products! - (Andrew Grygus) - (11)
                         Questions. - (mmoffitt) - (10)
                             So you'd have the printing press controlled as well -NT - (crazy)
                             Curmudgeon much? - (malraux)
                             Utter Bull By-products, piled higher and deeper. - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                                 There's serendipity and then there's serendipity. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                     There's grad students... - (malraux)
                             Re: Questions. - (Ashton) - (4)
                                 Yes, I was ambiguous and overstated. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                     It wouldn't have made any difference - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                         The OP would be a good start. And of vastly greater consequence ... - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                             Thankfully the events in Manc have not touched me, mine or anyone in my extended circle - (pwhysall)
                     If your own life were made worse by being on here, then you wouldn't be. - (CRConrad) - (3)
                         "Net negative" != "Entirely negative". HTH. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                             If it were net negative you wouldn't be here. -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                 That doesn't follow at all. - (mmoffitt)
             Please define the term - (crazy) - (4)
                 Non-governmental, Non-healthcare, Non-university, etc. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                     Oh, you mean corporate use - (drook) - (2)
                         Yeah, I assumed as much but wanted to be sure - (crazy) - (1)
                             Demur. - (Ashton)
         Link to actual podcast of that episode: - (CRConrad) - (1)
             Thanks for completing my - (Ashton)

Mmmm... Flavored Beer.
157 ms