IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New easier to use anonymous ftp
use software to walk the net to look for sites that allow anonymous logins, use a hidden directory to drop stuff for others to pick up instructions etc. Easy and free,
thanx,
bill
Your NT Webserver is my other computer
TAM ARIS QUAM ARMIPOTENS
New Good points...
But I would assume that gov computers are looking for that type of activity. It would be better to hide things in plain sight. When I was working in intell back when dinosaurs roamed the planet, we would transmit our most sensitive information via regular old mail.

The thinking was, if it was encrypted, someone would suspect it was sensitive and try and decrypt it... If we made a big deal about it, people would get suspicious... You get the drift. The stuff that was highly sensitive was dropped in a regular old letter and mailed first class - no insurance, no priority, nada. This only worked when time was not of the essence, but it happened very frequently.

The overall game is to never arouse people's interest when you are doing anything covert. The same paranoia I've had when I read the "surf the web with anonymity" fluff. I'm almost certain that the anonomous surfing web servers are FBI... Have been since I first heard about them. Any confirmation out there?
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

"As people assemble, civilization Is trying to find a new way to die,
But killing is really, merely scene changer,all men are bored, with other men's lives"

"We all know success, when we all find our own dreams
And our love is enough to knock down any walls
And the future's been seen, as men try to realize
The simple secret of the note in us all
in us all"
P. Townshend - Pure and Easy
New *sheesh*
And we were told NEVER to do stuff like that.

We kept being given examples of the VC cracking the home-made codes of the units. (This is during Vietnam.)

All of our communications were supposed to be encrypted.
New It kind of makes you wonder...
what the "real" game was most of the time. I would assume that most of the intelligence gathered in Nam was time sensitive (at least theater of battle type) and so they wouldn't be able able to send a plain old letter to Sam the custodial engineer at Fort George S..

It is my deepest hope that the intelligence community doesn't let the bureaucracy above dictate anything SOP filter down to the field. More specifically, nothing is worse IMHO for an intelligence agency to be than "predictable"... As I said, it is my hope.

I know in your latest thread with the B. you were describing (pretty accurately, I'm affraid) the general incompetence of the military as an organization and it's individuals. As a general rule of thumb, I can't disagree... but I would add that a few of the brightest people I have ever run across were 30 and 40 something Warrant's and Sergeants. I even met a couple of remarkable "real" officers ( :p ) at the Colonel level. (Like teachers) they weren't in it for the pay, most probably not "duty" either, but they really had just found a niche and didn't feel they wanted (or could) do anything else... I also know the military has a way of burning these folks out and Mickey Mousing them out, but some of them still survive. I base my hope on them. I know it's not much to grab onto, but I try to think that they are still there and protecting the rest of us.
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

"As people assemble, civilization Is trying to find a new way to die,
But killing is really, merely scene changer,all men are bored, with other men's lives"

"We all know success, when we all find our own dreams
And our love is enough to knock down any walls
And the future's been seen, as men try to realize
The simple secret of the note in us all
in us all"
P. Townshend - Pure and Easy
New There are some really good people in there.
The problem is that they don't get paid much and they get tons of stupid shit dumped on them. It's easier and more profitable to switch to the private sector.

You end up with a few qualified lifers
-and-
A lot of lifer maggots and short-time idiots.

The good news is that just about every other army in the world is worse than our's.
New Your NT Webserver is my other computer
I LOVE IT! You sellin' bumper stickers yet? I need a bumpersticker with this on it.

Glen
     How al Qaeda uses the Web - (marlowe) - (10)
         That's weird anyway. - (Brandioch) - (3)
             It's not a fantasy...It's the EVIL Internet...E-V-I-L! - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                 Syntax error: __it's_"*them* preverts", Grp. Cap'n Mandrake -NT - (Ashton)
             Perhaps... - (screamer)
         easier to use anonymous ftp - (boxley) - (5)
             Good points... - (screamer) - (3)
                 *sheesh* - (Brandioch) - (2)
                     It kind of makes you wonder... - (screamer) - (1)
                         There are some really good people in there. - (Brandioch)
             Your NT Webserver is my other computer - (gdaustin)

It's rare that you see crazy outdo crazy so effortlessly.
67 ms