IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The Tables of the Law (distaff side)
I do not know whether this state of affairs still obtains among the younger set, but it has been my experience, based on the various women of my age with whom I’ve set up housekeeping over the years, that the elements of domestic science a girl learns at her mother’s knee assume thereafter the immutability of the laws of physics. One folds the laundry just so, one washes dishes just so, and only an unlettered and uncouth barbarian would prepare an entree that way. This certainty—that there is an absolutely correct approach to a given household procedure, that the speaker just happens to have been raised by an individual who was privy in every instance to this codified and sacred method, and that deviations from this standard, while only to be expected (and corrected—Повторение - мать учения) in a man, betray a faulty upbringing when observed in another woman—has seemed to be held by women who otherwise varied considerably in points of background and temperament. I bring this up by way of a disinterested sociological observation, and not because I’ve had occasion to observe it during the last twelve hours.

cordially,
New I tend to be the most inflexible in this house
Don't get me started on how to load a dishwasher. Rain shadow is a thing.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Same here
Loading - the dishwasher, the refrigerator, the cupboard, the garage - should go from back to front. If you start in the front, you soon can't reach the back. How is this not obvious?

For the rest, it's not so much that there's one Platonic ideal method, but there is a local convention. T-shirts go in this drawer, sweatshirts in that one. If you insist on always putting things "away" in whatever is the first open place you see, don't get mad at me for always asking where things are.
--

Drew
New Agreed.
'er indoors has a habit of stacking the dishwasher using a source of entropy so potent, I'm pretty sure cryptographers would love to get their hands on it.

Naturally, I take everything out and put it all back properly.

I don't get involved in laundry or clothing, because I do it rong. But the kitchen is mine.
New Re: The Tables of the Law (distaff side)
I do pots and pans, occasionally dishes. My cast iron egg pan is not to be used for anything but eggs or pancakes. it is not to be washed for any reason. I dont do laundry properly so I dont do laundry. (never figured out why skid marked drawers could not in any circumstances be mixed with bras for example.)
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New (cast) ironclad law
At fifteen, half a century ago, I washed a cast-iron skillet with a powdered household cleanser. This imparted a distinctive flavor to the scrambled eggs that were prepared in it for six at breakfast a few days later. Considerable abuse was heaped upon me once responsibility was identified and assigned. I have been very gun-shy about handling this category of cookware ever since.

cordially,
     The Tables of the Law (distaff side) - (rcareaga) - (5)
         I tend to be the most inflexible in this house - (malraux) - (2)
             Same here - (drook)
             Agreed. - (pwhysall)
         Re: The Tables of the Law (distaff side) - (boxley) - (1)
             (cast) ironclad law - (rcareaga)