IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I've read about it, but not done anything about it yet.
Supposedly Google was going to automagically enable VPN for public WiFi connections but I haven't heard anything about it recently. It looks like it needs/needed a Nexus/Pixel device but since Assistant is coming to more machines, that may not be an issue now. Note the caveats:

Google VPN Vs Third Party Commercial VPN Services

What Google VPN does not do, which a regular commercial VPN service does is:

* Hide your internet activity from your ISP and mobile provider at all times. This includes when using your mobile connection and home Wi-Fi.
* Geo-spoof your location so you can watch services such as US Netflix and BBC iPlayer wherever you live in the world.
* P2P torrent download in safety.

A third party commercial VPN will also protect you when using a public Wi-Fi hotspot. And it can be used with almost every mobile device and laptop available (not just Google ones).

This review of HotspotShield makes it sound wonderful. But it's a year old and I don't know how much has changed, if anything. I haven't tried it myself.

EFF has a "how to choose a VPN that's right for you" page.

Let us know if you decide to make the jump.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Will do. And thanks for the links.
I had stumbled upon this: https://vpntips.com/how-to-setup-a-vpn-server/
and I haven't read through it yet, but if I decide to do this, I'm thinking now that setting up my own is probably the better course. It looks pretty straight-forward.

If I do it and it works well, I'll come back here and post my set of set-up steps for anyone interested.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Thanks de moi, also..
While I'm not sure I have anything much demanding protection--just yet--clearly I need to savor your links and keep this in mind: we just can't know ...

for how long the Drumpf Mafia shall be expanding their Imperial lusts, (as someone reads to our anti-literate CIEIO a history of, say Italy-before Il Duce? (for new things to FUBAR.)
     Anyone using or considering using a VPN Service? - (mmoffitt) - (3)
         I've read about it, but not done anything about it yet. - (Another Scott) - (2)
             Will do. And thanks for the links. - (mmoffitt)
             Thanks de moi, also.. - (Ashton)

Ubersoft - Standing On The Necks Of Giants
95 ms