IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Actually, very much so.
The U.S. Navy supplied the British with information and techniques to help them break Japanese codes.

It is suspected that Churchill knew about the attack on Pearl Harbor and did not tell Roosevelt because he very much wanted it to succeed, to bring the U.S. into the war.

The main evidence here is that every single scrap of information or documentation on interception of Japanese messages has been carefully destroyed, up to the day Pearl Harbor was attacked.

I suspect Churchill was also involved in the slaughter of Americans in the sinking of the Lusitania - deliberately packed with Americans and ordered to turn in front of the position of a known UBoat.
New I'm reading the Churchill book series on WW-II now.
Of course, there would be no mention of items that you cited. However, he definitely celebrated US entry into the war. He knew that there was no longer any doubt how thing would turn out.

Not that US was not already the "arsenal of democracy".
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     IRLRPD. - (Another Scott) - (2)
         Actually, very much so. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
             I'm reading the Churchill book series on WW-II now. - (a6l6e6x)

A poodle is literally a wolf in sheep's clothing.
31 ms