IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Hive mind consensus on Windows 10?
I don't like it as much as Windows 7, but it certainly is better than Windows 8 or 8.1. Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 will be a major shock to an XP user, but Windows 10 is, in my opinion, a slightly lesser shock.

A lot of stuff still easily available in Windows 7 is now so well hidden it forces you to use the search function to find nearly anything useful.
New Well said.
I never used 8 or 8.1 (other than the time it took to install 10 on an 8.1 machine).

10 is Ok. One doesn't have to use any of the "tiles" and "Metro" and other weirdness from 8.1 that is still present if you look for it. Otherwise, it's pretty-much Windows. (Pay attention to the install instructions and turn off all the "send my life to Microsoft" stuff - the tiny Customize settings text link.)

Yeah, installing XP or 7 in a VM is an option, but I wouldn't do it unless it is the only way to get the job done. 7 is still supported, but running it in a VM introduces more things to worry about keeping updated.

She could run WP Mac on OSX Intel also too (an entertaining writeup), but I wouldn't do that either.

HTH a little.

Cheers,
Scott.
     Hive mind consensus on Windows 10? - (rcareaga) - (24)
         Re: Hive mind consensus on Windows 10? - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
             Well said. - (Another Scott)
         no reason not to use xp is there? - (boxley) - (3)
             The current MB Air does not support XP or even 7 - (rcareaga) - (2)
                 If you use a VM you don't need BootCamp - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     I've installed Libra Office on several machines . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         It's fine. - (pwhysall) - (3)
             +10 on your last sentence - (boxley)
             Re: In-car systems - Toyota: Yay! Ford: Boo! - (drook) - (1)
                 A former cow-orker of mine did usability testing for the Ford SYNC stuff - (malraux)
         I thought 8/8.1 was pretty ground-breaking. - (static) - (2)
             A third of a step step backward towards Windows 7 is a good thing. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 So just use Windows 7 - (pwhysall)
         We upgraded all our workstations to it from 7 last month. - (mmoffitt)
         Re: Hive mind consensus on Windows 10? - (altmann) - (1)
             Slowing down updates. - (static)
         You do not want to become the admin - (scoenye) - (7)
             Yes, "user friendly" almost always means "techncian unfriendly". -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                 At the OS level, it has to be - (drook) - (2)
                     But not like this - (scoenye) - (1)
                         Yes, that is how it is. -NT - (Andrew Grygus)
             Printer management is a never ending disaster in Windows. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 Win 10 comes with Bonjour, it's just not good at finding Windows printers :-/ -NT - (scoenye) - (1)
                     Should have known. :-/ -NT - (Another Scott)

It’s professional wrestling.
262 ms