IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New If /. is /.-ed, go there later; it has some good comments...
...somewhat along the lines you and Steve expounded on here. Select a threshold level of ~4 (and I'd recommend the "Nested" layout), press "Change", and you're set.
   Christian R. Conrad
Of course, who am I to point fingers? I'm in the "Information Technology" business, prima facia evidence that there's bats in the bell tower.
-- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=27764|Andrew Grygus]
New Thanks - /. not -dotted just now.
Indeed - some well-informed comments throughout -- and.. little silliness! to boot.

In fact - several of the posts are among the clearest I've seem of the phenom of 'psych-acoustics' VS Hype. These would have merited a place in Audio Magazine in the olden days. Bookmarked for perusal later, a bit more.

(Your tip also exactly right-on: hmm, guess level 4 IS ~~ the level which screens out the useless crap sufficiently. Will remember that tip.)

Anyway - nice to see that the (actually rather difficult) topic is understood pretty decently, courtesy of at least one engineer AND musician.

A Soviet 6922 yet! That was a Premium expen$ive (hi-freq) tube, often used in the "distributed amplifiers" for state-of-art oscilloscopes (ie Tektronix). It featured *gold plated pins* too.. but dunno if it's That much better a choice for lo-level audio than a decent Telefunken or Mullard 12AX7A ... but I digress.

Gotta go back and see if I can find the actual mobo pic that prompted all this foofaraw - maybe later.

Ashton
     Ashton, this will... - (Arkadiy) - (12)
         Naw, that isn't the funniest motherboard... - (inthane-chan) - (5)
             And now for the weirdest motherboard... - (inthane-chan) - (4)
                 Don't forget the one recently... - (Meerkat) - (3)
                     Yeah, forgot about that one. - (inthane-chan)
                     OK, there's a TWiki... - (Meerkat) - (1)
                         Can the audiophile cel-fone be far behind? AND: - (Ashton)
         Admin: Duplicate, please delete. -NT - (inthane-chan)
         Heh.. - (Ashton) - (4)
             Recording and Music - (Steve Lowe) - (1)
                 Not so crazy that.. - (Ashton)
             If /. is /.-ed, go there later; it has some good comments... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                 Thanks - /. not -dotted just now. - (Ashton)

Bit of an extreme case, isn't it?
207 ms