IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Bingo.
It wasn't as hard as I feared to get to the outside splitter. I ran the upstairs leg back down to the main wiring point, put the 4-way splitter amplifier on it, kept the modem on the non-amplified leg, and we have Internet and TV simultaneously again.

Yay!

(Part of the leg going to the upstairs was on a splitter that had a coax cable ripped away, so who knows what that was doing to the signal.)

Of course, I found a couple of ~ 1/2" gaps where the siding and trim has moved away from the house that will probably have to be fixed by some siding people, so there's that... :-/

Thanks!

Cheers,
Scott.
New Yay! indeed, plus one I forgot
Check all splitters, including the outside one and make sure they say they'll go up to 1GHz. The ones that do not state that are likely to attenuate the upper reaches of the band and that is where the modem signal lives.
New Woot!
"Unterminated" coax causes frequency dependent reflections back to the splitter and beyond. So, yeah, it doesn't help! :)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     Our home network is driving me nuts... - (Another Scott) - (16)
         If I bypass a 4-way splitter amplifier, the network works... - (Another Scott) - (11)
             You might need to make a service call. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                 I know, but that's always a pain. - (Another Scott)
             Can you redesign inside? - (scoenye) - (8)
                 Probably. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                     I had access to one through work - (scoenye) - (3)
                         Thanks. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                             If Cox is anything like Comcast... - (scoenye) - (1)
                                 Seems to be working here. - (Another Scott)
                 Bingo. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                     Yay! indeed, plus one I forgot - (scoenye)
                     Woot! - (a6l6e6x)
         over the years I have had this issue - (boxley) - (3)
             Of course, it crapped out again this afternoon. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 They repair guy came out today. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     Cringers Fossed for ya! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)

Got root?
84 ms