IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New A test for Professionals.
The test has various names. I heard it on a rerun of "Car Talk" this morning.

1. How do you put a giraffe into a refrigerator?

Stop and think about it and decide on your answer before you scroll down.

The correct answer is: Open the refrigerator, put in the giraffe, and close the door. This question tests whether you tend to do simple things in an overly complicated way.

2 How do you put an elephant into a refrigerator?

Did you say, Open the refrigerator, put in the elephant, and close the refrigerator?

Wrong Answer.

Correct Answer: Open the refrigerator, take out the giraffe, put in the elephant and close the door. This tests your ability to think through the repercussions of your previous actions.

3. The Lion King is hosting an animal conference. All the animals attend .... Except one. Which animal does not attend?

Correct Answer : The Elephant. The elephant is in the refrigerator. Didn't you just put him in there? This tests your memory. Okay, even if you did not answer the first three questions correctly, you still have one more chance to show your true abilities.

4. There is a river you must cross but it is used by crocodiles, and you do not have a boat. How do you manage it?

Correct Answer: You jump into the river and swim across. Have you not been listening? All the crocodiles are attending the Animal Meeting. This tests whether you learn quickly from your mistakes.

According to Anderson Consulting Worldwide, around 90% of the professionals they tested got all questions wrong, but many preschoolers got several correct answers.

Anderson Consulting says this conclusively disproves the theory that most professionals have the brains of a four-year-old.

:-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New Thanks for the memory
That was in the canonical list of elephant jokes I got off the internet in 94 (I was working at Diebold which is how I remember the year). An abbreviated version is still out there.
"Religion, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable."
~ AMBROSE BIERCE
(1842-1914)
New Diebold!?!11 :-D
New Sure...
I was doing bank security systems. Good product, good people, what's not to like?
Then, of course, banks started merging so our market size collapsed. They "downsized" to compensate. I was having a 70 mile commute so I had already been looking and when the ax came down I was already elsewhere. Voting machines were way after my time. The people I worked with wouldn't have been party to the shenanigans that were alleged in the voting machines.
"Religion, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable."
~ AMBROSE BIERCE
(1842-1914)
New Thanks. It's 'funny' how things change and unfortunate how often it has been for the worse.
New Bleh
I spent a minute before scrolling, babbling to the wife:
Huh, how can you fit a giraffe in a refrigerator? Chop it up? Run it through a blender? No way, still too big, even a baby giraffe. Is the fridge from a grocery store, a big walk in? Still too short. Gotta cut the giraffe in half.
New :-) I started off that way, but realized after a few seconds that that wasn't the way to go.
Ya can't go with thinking about the impossibility when answering a joke/riddle!

Cheers,
Scott.
     A test for Professionals. - (Another Scott) - (6)
         Thanks for the memory - (hnick) - (3)
             Diebold!?!11 :-D -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 Sure... - (hnick) - (1)
                     Thanks. It's 'funny' how things change and unfortunate how often it has been for the worse. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Bleh - (crazy) - (1)
             :-) I started off that way, but realized after a few seconds that that wasn't the way to go. - (Another Scott)

Thank God it's Friday!
73 ms