IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New My god, you're right!!!
As long as there is somebody worse, the "good guys" can be as rotten as Big Money wants! But we're not being played at all. Amirite?
"Religion, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable."
~ AMBROSE BIERCE
(1842-1914)
New If A is worse than B, then B is better than A. It's not hard, it's math.
Pointing out that Spherical Cow C is even better than B in some respect, while ignoring the fact that Spherical Cow C doesn't exist, or isn't running, or objectively cannot win, or is actively or effectively supporting the election of A, doesn't help move the country forward.

People have to make choices between and among non-ideal items all the time. Why is it OK to refuse to choose in politics when in reality the choices are so stark and someone must win and that winner will decide the direction of the country for years to come?

To these studies I would add International Law; which I decidedly think should be taught in all universities, and should form part of all liberal education. The need of it is far from being limited to diplomatists and lawyers; it extends to every citizen. What is called the Law of Nations is not properly law, but a, part of ethics: a set of moral rules, accepted as authoritative by civilized states. It is true that these rules neither are nor ought to be of eternal obligation, but do and must vary more or less from age to age, as the consciences of nations become more enlightened, and the exigences of political society undergo change. But the rules mostly were at their origin, and still are, an application of the maxims of honesty and humanity to the intercourse of states. They were introduced by the moral sentiments of mankind, or by their sense of the general interest, to mitigate the crimes and sufferings of a state of war, and to restrain governments and nations from unjust or dishonest conduct towards one another in time of peace. Since every country stands in numerous and various relations with the other countries of the world, and many, our own among the number, exercise actual authority over some of these, a knowledge of the established rules of international morality is essential to the duty of every nation, and therefore of every person in it who helps to make up the nation, and whose voice and feeling form a part of what is f called public opinion. Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion. Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing. He is not a good man who, without a protest, allows wrong to be committed in his name, and with the means which he helps to supply, because he will not trouble himself to use his mind on the subject. It depends on the habit of attending to and looking into public transactions, and on the degree of information and solid judgment respecting them that exists in the community, whether the conduct of the nation as a nation, both within itself and towards others, shall be selfish, corrupt, and tyrannical, or rational and enlightened, just and noble.
- J. S. Mill.

FWIW.

Cheers,
Scott.
(Of course, TBogg said the same thing a few years later, but wasn't quite so nice about it. ;-)
New Ahh... math
If the odds are in favor of the house and the table is rigged on top of it, and the dealer is crooked, there's no point playing. Also math.

This game was called long ago. All this is a pantomime.
"Religion, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable."
~ AMBROSE BIERCE
(1842-1914)
     GOP cut Planned Parenthood funding and stuck Confederate flags in Zika bill. - (Another Scott) - (6)
         My god, you're right!!! - (hnick) - (2)
             If A is worse than B, then B is better than A. It's not hard, it's math. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 Ahh... math - (hnick)
         New Rules!! - (Ashton) - (2)
             It looks like niacin takes care of pellagra. Maybe Trumpism is caused by a vitamin deficiency too?! -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 I've read somewhere cyanide cures Trumpism. :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)

Kinda I want to.
36 ms