IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Upgraded to Win10 on this Toshiba R835. So far, so good...
It was previously running 7 Home.

I had to uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection and install McAfee (our only corporate option now, for some reason). Otherwise, everything seems to work (except for some Intel networking gizmo and something else relatively unimportant).

I don't like the lack of ability to easily adjust things like border colors and widths on active windows, but I'll live with it before thinking about buying some add-on (which may not be able to do it either). It's probably a consequence of this ugly "flat" GUI stuff that everyone is copying from Apple.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Running non-Pro version in a corp environment?
Curious. I thought you couldn't join non-Pro Windows SKUs to a domain?
New Nope. Home at Home.
We have licenses that let us run the corporate AV stuff on our home machines (to prevent cross-contamination and the like). Home doesn't touch the corporate network.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Ah, understood.
We get the MS Home Use Programme, which let me get Visio 2016 for a tenner. I draw a lot of things in Visio.

But yay, antivirus (that you don't need)!
New "I thought you couldn't join non-Pro Windows SKUs to a domain?"
You can't join a domain. I have found though, that a Home version can access shares on the domain as if it was a Workgroup.

I used to encounter a lot of sites where some hot shot just out of school set up a small business with the full Microsoft Everything - far more than the owners had any ability to understand or maintain. Then the owners would go out and buy computers with Home on them and want to access files.
     Upgraded to Win10 on this Toshiba R835. So far, so good... - (Another Scott) - (4)
         Running non-Pro version in a corp environment? - (pwhysall) - (3)
             Nope. Home at Home. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 Ah, understood. - (pwhysall)
             "I thought you couldn't join non-Pro Windows SKUs to a domain?" - (Andrew Grygus)

All gravitas is local.
40 ms