IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Hmmm.
By the level of activity on this topic I don't hold much hope, but here goes...

Does anyone here know about the relative merits of the [link|http://www.affirmative.net|Affirmative] thin client? Especially problems or drawbacks?

Thanks in advance...

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.
New From the web page
it looks like a terminal. The only drawback would be how good is the emulator? You would need terminal server installed to use it to connect to a windows box. I found that thin clients are ok for certain industies where only a subset of the OS is used. EG:Hotel applications, police forces etc.
thanx,
bill
TAM ARIS QUAM ARMIPOTENS
New This is for auto-parts
inventory, pricing, etc. My client is replacing green-screen twinax terminals with these, and apparently isn't happy so far. I haven't specifics, but I was still asked to research general problems others may be having with it. I've only found 1 non-product announcement, non-advertisement comment so far, saying only that it was a good thin client. Some review! *chuckle*

I have a feeling the client wants terminals, but also wants them to have potential access to gui-type clients (at least at some point). I was thinking of using the HP emulation in these to hook up (easily replaced) printers to the '400 as well - it was when I floated that idea I found out he wasn't terribly happy with them.

I've downloaded the specs from thier site - and it certainly looks like a good alternative to green-screens. Heck, it looks you can even run Linux on it!

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.
New Well...
[link|http://www.twindata.com/as400thinclient.htm|Found this...looks like there's a couple of other options listed.]
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New I'll prolly just get happy-sales-talk
but I sent away for info. Let's see if I can glean anything from comparisons...

Imric's Tips for Living
New ObPitch
Tell em to keep up with AutoZone and use Linux. Integrated parts lookup, inventory AND POS. :)
-----
Steve
     Hmmm. - (imric) - (5)
         From the web page - (boxley) - (3)
             This is for auto-parts - (imric) - (2)
                 Well... - (bepatient) - (1)
                     I'll prolly just get happy-sales-talk - (imric)
         ObPitch - (Steve Lowe)

Who's got a match?
55 ms