IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Nope...
I say:

I'll give you that by definition, the USA was harboring terrorists.

To which you reply:

No, they were living here.

What the heck is the difference, Kiddo? Are you implying that they were
citizens? Pedantic R We...

Score: Child = 1? Me = 0

I say:

We paid a hell of a price for it already. Or did you miss the Pentagon
and World Trade Center bombings?

To which you reply:

Check the title of this forum. Or are you proposing that we settle for
the "justice" meted out by the terrorists?

I'm not the one proposing that we find some type of moral equivalence
between - to quote Dick Gebhart -
[link|http://apnews.excite.com/article/20020604/D7JUB6580.html|"There is no moral equivalence between suicide bombings and defending against them."]
Which is what you have been childishly screaming for the last 6 months in these fora.

I write:

It's apparent to me that these events didn't seem to have any kind of
profound effect on your sense of moral equivalency. It did on mine...
Shame on me.

To which you reply:

Yes. Because you are now willing to kill innocent women and children to
satisfy your need for vengeance.

You are making a huge assumption there, child. One, that I am willing or
want to see the death of women and children and two that I feel a NEED
for vengeance (sp) In your own words, BACK UP THAT CLAIM!

Score - Child = 2? Me = 0

You write:

According to our sources there is ONE man "responsible" for this attack.

Who or what is your DIVINE Source? BACK UP THAT CLAIM! You may have
assumed in your childish mind that this is some sort of fact, but I have
not seen any documents saying that Bin Laden acted or plotted alone.
Which plane was he on? Earth to Khasim... If you repeat something enough you think it becomes fact?

You further pontificate:

Instead of working to capture/kill him, we're spending time killing
women and children.

But that is okay with you because you don't know those women and those
aren't your children.

No, sir. You can't get away with that shit. BACK UP THAT CLAIM. We are spending our military resources
routing out -cave by cave- men-soldiers/terrorists. The women and children are not targets.
You are an asshole to even suggest that the women and children are
targets. Your rhetoric in this area is continually offensive to me and
any thinking person. Shame on you. And it is not okay with me that
innocents are killed which is why I wrote in this thread to begin with.
To protest the death of an innocent reporter. Although I'm sure it would
have been better somehow in your sense of equivalency had he been a
woman or child?

Score - Child = 3? Me = 0 (You are really starting to rack up the points).

I write:

To which I ask, what about EMBASSIES? What about tourists? What about
the poor bastard journalists that is trying to make a living?

To which you reply (stupidly, I might add):

What about them? Are you concerned about attacks on them? Maybe you can
expand on that concept? With examples?

Examples that come immediately to mind: African Embassies, USS Cole, Daniel Pearl, Philippines, Kashmir
(man, you are making this easy). Your childish suggestions about
sanctions and freezing bank accounts imply that we never under any
circumstance TRAVEL or Work abroad. Come on. If we freeze their assets,
they will simply change to barter or cash economy. You do remember that
they at one time had access TO POPPIES? HEROIN? The key being, at one
time, before we went over and didn't achieve anything in
Afghanistan. Which is why Bill Patient's Capone analogy makes a lot more
sense than you gave him credit for. I'm sure that all their bank
accounts are in their own names and they list their occupation as
INTERNATIONAL TERRORIST or Al-Quaida enthusiast?

Score - Child = 4? Me = 0 (Man, I can't win)

I write:

As to your plans for economic sanctions against these countries...
Weren't they there already?

To which you ooze:

In two words FUCK NO!

Shall I say it again to make it clear to you?

FUCK NO!

Osama's funds were NOT frozen. In fact, the current regime decided to
NOT pursue that course when they took control.

The same thing with Taliban funding.

Definitely not frozen.

Yo, Rainman, I may be really stoopeed, but I don't remember calling Bin Laden a
country. Definitely, definitely not a country...(Context, my child, read for context). I was referring to a
country called AFGHANISTAN and indeed, not only were sanctions in place,
we (along with every nation in the world save 3) didn't even recognize
them as a legitimate country.
Are you really trying to annoy me with
your lack of reading ability and comprehension? Or are you just happy to say fuck repeatedly?

I write:

It real well before... Besides, I thought the reason these twisted
bastards were lashing out was because they had no economic prospects and
had nothing to lose... Let's really fuck up their economies?

To which you coo,

No, that is the reason SOME of them resort to terror attacks. Not all of
them. Osama definitely isn't hurting for cash.

You sort actually have a point here, YEAH! (Child = 1) And because I
forgot to put the word "worked" into "It (sanctions) really worked well
before", I'll give you yet another point! You are on a roll now. But fighting a war with the
free world costs more than a few million bucks, bucko. Running an
international terror ring isn't cheap, especially if you are trying to
take on the United States and Israel and the rest of the free world...
How much money do you think Bin Laden has? Enough? Enough to buy guns
and Ammunition for all his buddies and put out training videos and pay for
flight schools and ad nauseum? But, in your mind he has enough and acted
alone, so... I guess that's that.

I sarcastically write in deference to your root cause threads (with apologies to Ashton):

I mean, I thought that this was the ROOT CAUSE, poverty and despair...
Natch Natch...

To which you obfuscate:

Okay, if I have to explain to you that Osama is a millionaire then you,
obviously, do not have the background knowledge to hold a rational
discussion.

Why don't you do a bit of research and try again when you're better
informed?

Pot - kettle - black. No, you don't have to explain to me that Bin Laden is a millionaire again (unless you really feel like it) unless you want me to explain to you that he isn't rich enough to fund even the ammo for his "troups". This was my feeble attempt to show how ridiculous your
oversimplifications of complex problems are. You must think this guy has
godzillions of bucks... But, I'll do some more research on how to
communicate with children (or chimpanzees) and get back with you with an
abstract that is appropriate for your cognitive skills. Kay?

I write:

The civilians that were killed in Afghanistan were tragic. They were
pawns in a larger game that their government played.

Every second that we lost while the Taliban "demanded proof" was more
time for Bin Laden to ease into another host country.

to which you reply:

Strange how it was US bombs dropped by US troops on a US mission that
killed them then.

Gee, and we could have just provided the "proof" and had their
permission to go get him.

Instead, we didn't waste any time waiting for him to escape to another
country and went right in and........

Let him escape to another country.

I actually was stating, and you have a right to disagree, that we should
have acted within days, not months, carpet bombing the last known areas
he was in. The Taliban government was in no position to require anything
from us. We didn't even recognize them as a government. Again, if you
want to beat the moral righteousness of the poor misunderstood Taliban horse,
go for it. You'll get no points from me for it though.

You further scribe:

Ah, I see how your solution would have resulted in the capture/killing
of Osama while mine would not have.

What proof did that government deserve? WE KNEW IT. I think that says
enough right there

Buh bye.

I think it says it right there too. Triumphant bit of pure crap on your point... Whatever you POINT is?

Buh Bye backatcha.

Oh, and final score - child = 4? Me = 0 I guess you win!

Oh, and by the way, your new style of debate is quite refreshing...
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

"As people assemble, civilization Is trying to find a new way to die,
But killing is really, merely scene changer,all men are bored, with other men's lives"

"We all know success, when we all find our own dreams
And our love is enough to knock down any walls
And the future's been seen, as men try to realize
The simple secret of the note in us all
in us all"
P. Townshend - Pure and Easy
New Score it however you want to.
Whether you claim you're right or not does not change whether you were right or not.

I'm not the one proposing that we find some type of moral equivalence between - to quote Dick Gebhart -
"There is no moral equivalence between suicide bombings and defending against them."
Which is what you have been childishly screaming for the last 6 months in these fora.
Ah, and I'm sure that those children we killed in Afghanistan were terrorists who were threatening us.

You see, I have no problem defending against terrorists.

We've been over this. You can claim whatever you want. It's the actions you take that tell the truth.

Killing children in Afghanistan is NOT "defending against terrorists".

Except in your mind.

You are making a huge assumption there, child. One, that I am willing or want to see the death of women and children and two that I feel a NEED for vengeance (sp) In your own words, BACK UP THAT CLAIM!
Read your post. Note the use of BOLD. If you are not willing to see us killing women and children in Afghanistan, then you had better start protesting our killing women and children in Afghanistan instead of trying to portray such killing of women and children in Afghanistan as "defending against terrorists".

You advocate the killing of people who were in NO WAY involved in the attack and you then claim that this isn't because of your need for vengence?

Whatever.

Who or what is your DIVINE Source? BACK UP THAT CLAIM!
George W. Bush. President of the USofA.

You may have assumed in your childish mind that this is some sort of fact, but I have not seen any documents saying that Bin Laden acted or plotted alone.
I am willing to say that you have not seen ANY documents related to the attack.

As for acting alone, you will recall that there were 19 hijackers. So "acting alone" with 19 other people? Whatever.

Ah, again, your problem with language. When I say "responsible" you translate it into "acted alone".

Typical.

No, sir. You can't get away with that shit. BACK UP THAT CLAIM.
What claim? That we killed women and children in Afghanistan? Are you questioning that?

Tell me if you question that.

Then, when I provide proof that we did, you will admit that you are uninformed on the situation and apologize, right?

Or are you just going to keep demanding that I substantiate every fact that should already be known by anyone familiar with the situation?

We are spending our military resources routing out -cave by cave- men-soldiers/terrorists.
We started with a bombing campaign. During that campaign, we killed women and children.

The women and children are not targets.
I did not say they were targets. They are "collateral damage".

You are an asshole to even suggest that the women and children are targets.
Okay, so, I'm pedantic when I correct your usage of language, but if I don't correct it, you have problems understanding what I say.

To clarify, I never said that women and children in Afghanistan WERE TARGETS. They are people killed because our bombs EXPLODE and take out an AREA. If they're in that AREA, they are damaged (collaterally).

YOU are the one with the language problem who keeps assuming I'm saying we're TARGETING women and children.

We just don't CARE if they happen to be in the area when we drop the bombs.

Your rhetoric in this area is continually offensive to me and
any thinking person.
Well, I'm glad that every thinking person has finally managed to get together and elect YOU as spokesperson for them.

Did they have cookies and juice during the election?

And it is not okay with me that innocents are killed which is why I wrote in this thread to begin with.
So, what are you going to do about it?

To protest the death of an innocent reporter.
Ah, once again, when it is one of OUR'S it is an "innocent". When it is one of THEIR'S, it doesn't exist.

Although I'm sure it would have been better somehow in your sense of equivalency had he been a woman or child?
Actually, I see a great difference between someone who leave the US, flies to a foreign country, knowing that it is dangerous and then seeks out dangerous people
-and-
someone living in the same city she's always lived in suddenly getting some hot shrapnel in her guts courtesy of Unka Sam.

But you won't see that difference. All you'll see is "one of our's" and "", well, you won't even see her, will you? She doesn't exist.

Examples that come immediately to mind: African Embassies, USS Cole, Daniel Pearl, Philippines, Kashmir (man, you are making this easy).
That's good. When it's easy, you can learn.

Now, Kashmir. I know that name, location and that India and Pakistan are fighting over it.

What does Kashmir have to do with terrorist attacks against the US?

Your childish suggestions about sanctions and freezing bank accounts imply that we never under any circumstance TRAVEL or Work abroad.
Really? I see absolutely no problem with travelling and working in Britain. Or Germany. Or Australia. and so on and so forth.

Perhaps you can explain to me how freezing Afghanistan's accounts would result in problems for US citizens working or living in Britain.

Hmmmm?

Come on. If we freeze their assets, they will simply change to barter or cash economy.
Cool. Good for them. What was your point? Ahhh, do you think that they will be able to trade goods for aircraft training in the US? Hmmmmm?

You do remember that they at one time had access TO POPPIES? HEROIN? The key being, at one time, before we went over and didn't achieve anything in Afghanistan.
Hmmmm, you seem to have a severe mental disorder.

Perhaps you would care to link to the post where I said we did not accomplish anything in Afghanistan?

I can provide links showing where I said we destroyed their existing government and so on.

Ahhhh, once again, your translation is flawed.

What I said is that we did not get Osama.

You read that as "we did not accomplish anything in Afghanistan".

Your fault. Not mine.

Which is why Bill Patient's Capone analogy makes a lot more
sense than you gave him credit for.
Considering that you have, repeated, in this very post, illustrated how you misread what I've posted, I don't think I'll take your word on whether someone else's analogy was correct or not. Thanks anyway.

I'm sure that all their bank accounts are in their own names and they list their occupation as INTERNATIONAL TERRORIST or Al-Quaida enthusiast?
Actually, one of them was. In California.

Ah, I see, your ignorance extends to modern criminal investigations.

Don't you find it strange that we had the information we needed to freeze those accounts AFTER the attack?

Particularly when you claim that we would not be able to identify them?

Yes, we did freeze the accounts after the attack.

Yo, Rainman, I may be really stoopeed, but I don't remember calling Bin Laden a country.
That's right, you didn't.

I was referring to a country called AFGHANISTAN and indeed, not only were sanctions in place, we (along with every nation in the world save 3) didn't even recognize them as a legitimate country. Are you really trying to annoy me with your lack of reading ability and comprehension? Or are you just happy to say fuck repeatedly?
Ah, I understand now. You're off on a "tangent".

While I was talking about terrorist attacks against the US and how to halt future ones, you were off about Afghanistan.

No, we didn't freeze Osama's accounts. We didn't freeze al Queda accounts. We didn't freeze accounts used by people in Afghanistan. "Afghanistan" itself doesn't have any accounts. Banks usually don't let rocks open them.

The Taliban has accounts.

Some may have been frozen, others were definately not frozen.

Ah, I see you've also managed to miss the part where I talk about a blockade. Allow me to refresh your memory.

[link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=41015|Can you locate the USofA on a map?]
If a country is protecting them, we blockade that country and freeze their assets in the US.

But fighting a war with the free world costs more than a few million bucks, bucko.
The price of flight training and 19 plane tickets. I don't see that as costing very much at all.

Running an international terror ring isn't cheap, especially if you are trying to take on the United States and Israel and the rest of the free world...
Actually, it is far less expensive than you imagine. Also note that al Queda is leaving Israel to others. Like I said, flight training and 19 tickets isn't very expensive.

How much money do you think Bin Laden has? Enough?
Enough to fund the attack on the Pentagon and the WTC? Yes. Why do you ask? Do you think he didn't have enough to fund those?

Enough to buy guns and Ammunition for all his buddies and put out training videos and pay for flight schools and ad nauseum?
Okay, I see you've lapsed into the "I'm out of facts so I'll ask rhetorical questions".

#1. M16A2 is $800 on the open market.

#2. Flight training is under $25,000.
[link|http://www.airmanflightschool.com/pricing.htm|Here]

#3. A ticket from NYC to LAX depends upon when you purchase it.

So, someone with a million dollars (only) could fund HOW MANY attacks?

Or do you have as much trouble with math as you do with reading?

But, in your mind he has enough and acted alone, so... I guess that's that.
Hmmm, I think you have another problem here. I didn't say that I thought he was the one behind the attacks. I said that GEORGE W. BUSH said so. And that Osama was our TARGET when we attacked.

Pot - kettle - black. No, you don't have to explain to me that Bin Laden is a millionaire again (unless you really feel like it) unless you want me to explain to you that he isn't rich enough to fund even the ammo for his "troups".
Hmmm, I guess that you do have trouble with math. Or is that reality? Osama doesn't have "troops". "Troops" imply "military". Osama is part of al Queda. He has "operatives". Ammo costs for "operatives" are very low. An excellent example would the the WTC attack. 19 people, box cutters, etc. All easily finance by Osama.

You must think this guy has godzillions of bucks... But, I'll do some more research on how to communicate with children (or chimpanzees) and get back with you with an abstract that is appropriate for your cognitive skills. Kay?
No. And I've already shown, with clear examples, how much it would cost to fund the attack. You're off on some tangent (again) about his "troops" and their ammo costs. No "ammo" was expended during the attack. In fact, I can't think of any terrorist attack that used more than a couple hundred rounds.

The Taliban government was in no position to require anything
from us. We didn't even recognize them as a government.
Strange how, since we didn't recognize them, that we dealt with them as if they were the government. That we even went to them first.

Again, you say one thing, but the facts of the situation seem to show something else.

Let me put it to you in a clear example. I don't recognize you as owning the floor above me. So I'm not ever going to ask you if I can go there. That's what "not recognized" means.
     What we're facing. - (bepatient) - (79)
         Verily. - (Ashton)
         What is most striking to me... - (screamer) - (49)
             Frankly... - (bepatient) - (28)
                 Re: Frankly... - (Arkadiy) - (26)
                     Which boils down to... - (bepatient) - (25)
                         You're revealing your assumptions. - (Brandioch) - (24)
                             What assupmtions. - (bepatient) - (23)
                                 You're getting closer. - (Brandioch) - (22)
                                     So we should... - (bepatient) - (21)
                                         It's called a "clue". You may not recognize it. - (Brandioch) - (20)
                                             Yep...there's that losing spirit - (bepatient) - (19)
                                                 That's the spirit Bill.. - (Ashton)
                                                 So what you're saying is your recommendation is a total fail - (Brandioch) - (17)
                                                     Nope....you're confusing yours and mine. - (bepatient) - (16)
                                                         Sounds like your Alzheimer's is kicking in with a vengence. - (Brandioch) - (15)
                                                             Then please, oh wise one...enlighten us with your plan. - (bepatient) - (14)
                                                                 You need to brush up on our criminal justice system. - (Brandioch) - (13)
                                                                     Pretty weak. - (bepatient) - (11)
                                                                         Net result: demonstration that this is a genuine Conundrum - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                                             Defense in depth. - (Brandioch)
                                                                         Yep, you've got Alzheimer's. - (Brandioch) - (8)
                                                                             It seems that your plan is still missing... - (bepatient) - (7)
                                                                                 Bill "Strawman" Pathetic. - (Brandioch) - (6)
                                                                                     If I may - some comments. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                                                         Answers. - (Brandioch) - (2)
                                                                                             Clarifcation of my inquiry. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                                                 More. - (Brandioch)
                                                                                     I see your originality is still intact - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                                         Reading.....with comprehension. - (Brandioch)
                                                                     lotsa criminals and no Justice :) -NT - (boxley)
                 You may be quite right re the outcome. - (Ashton)
             Again, I must disagree... - (Simon_Jester)
             Hatred, not at their level - (orion) - (18)
                 We are as bad as they are and... as good. - (screamer) - (17)
                     That type of thought process used to amaze me. - (Brandioch) - (13)
                         But Brandioch... - (Simon_Jester)
                         what to do - (boxley) - (2)
                             Close - (bepatient) - (1)
                                 Now put some names to those people and you'll see the prob. - (Brandioch)
                         Yes - (screamer) - (8)
                             Can you locate the USofA on a map? - (Brandioch) - (7)
                                 Doesn't work - (bepatient)
                                 Yeah... - (screamer) - (3)
                                     Ummm, did you miss the heading of this forum? - (Brandioch) - (2)
                                         Nope... - (screamer) - (1)
                                             Score it however you want to. - (Brandioch)
                                 No, I cannot locate the USofA on a map. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                     Minor disagreement. - (Brandioch)
                     Et tu Brute? - (Ashton) - (1)
                         The evil that men do lives after them... - (screamer)
                     During WW-II, the Japanese were considered to be... - (a6l6e6x)
         Isn't this humorous... - (Simon_Jester) - (27)
             no...not really - (bepatient) - (26)
                 chuckle - (Simon_Jester) - (25)
                     Of course there's the fact that he was an Idealist - - (Ashton) - (24)
                         Close... - (Simon_Jester) - (23)
                             Dear sir, if you are referring to moi - (screamer) - (22)
                                 Maybe more ironical than ha-ha? - (Ashton)
                                 I think it is hilarious. - (Brandioch) - (18)
                                     I guess you missed their message. - (bepatient) - (17)
                                         Nope...I didn't - (Simon_Jester) - (5)
                                             Dunno. Who? - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                 Actually you.... - (Simon_Jester) - (3)
                                                     Nope... - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                         Sigh...somehow I knew you wouldn't see the humor... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                                             Ok...I get it. - (bepatient)
                                         Ah, but there is a difference. - (Brandioch) - (10)
                                             C'mon now... - (bepatient) - (9)
                                                 Hint: was it Guatemala? Nicaragua? El Salvador? - (Ashton) - (8)
                                                     What... - (bepatient) - (7)
                                                         That's what I've previously established. - (Brandioch) - (6)
                                                             ROFL - (bepatient) - (5)
                                                                 Whatever. - (Brandioch) - (4)
                                                                     Why bother. - (bepatient) - (3)
                                                                         That's funny. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                                             High Density - (bepatient)
                                                                         Oh Goodie! ______... a poll. - (Ashton)
                                 He's certainly a pawn... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                     Sorry for the noise - (screamer)

This is a test of the Emergency LRPD System. This is only a test.
193 ms