IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Dunno. Who?
I don't mind the warnings. Don't need them...I've seen the hostility up close and personal...for nothing other than being a US citizen.

And I see that you think this can only happen where the "natives are unfriendly".

Where...exactly...is that? Jersey City?

The enemy is among us.

Pakistan was officially assisting the US. Pearl was captured in a "friendly" nation.

Let's see...Al_Queda members were detained or captured in Singapore, London, Hamburg, Minnesota, Madrid...

Understand yet?

There is >no< place that can be identified as where the natives are all friendly.

You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Actually you....
You said, unless I'm mistaken, that vague non-specific terrorist warnings were harmful.

As for the enemy, yes, the are everywhere.

However, Pearl wasn't killed in Jersey City, Singapore, London, Hamburg, Minnesota, or Madrid.

Pearl was kill in Pakinstan, which was taking in refugees from Afganistan. (And why were there refugees from Afganistan???)

There is >no< place that can be identified as where the natives are all friendly.

Horrors...I'd better not go to the 7-11 to get gas tonight...Abdul there might be a bin Ladin supporter and cut my throat!

cough.

Come on bepatient...even you will admit (I hope) that

• there are areas more dangerous than others
  • Journalists regularly go into these areas to get to stories
  • certain groups have blasted Journalists for compromising military operations (and the liberal mindset as a whole) particularly for trying to get close to the 'enemy'

and now...there is this argument that the death of journalist is (part of) the reason to kill Al Queda. And you don't see ANY humor in this?
New Nope...
I just pointed out a situation (not this one) that I actually >did< find humorous...and that situation was a call for more warnings followed by a criticism for issuing them.

So it will take a murder in some more >friendly< place to get the point across to you.

Thats fine. I'm sure you'll be obliged at some point. NY was just an appetizer.

And I will agree that there are places that are >more< dangerous than others...I just won't be naive enough to think that there are areas that are completely >safe<.

I don't see anyone using the Pearl video as a reason to kill Al-Q. If they are...then maybe they are using Al-q as the "terrorist poster children". Understandable, even though misinformed.

I don't think we need any more reason to kill Al Q than the smoking hole in Manhattan.

I brought the video up as a lesson in the mindset of who we're dealing with...and you seem to find it amusing.

I see no humor in it at all.

Their stated mission is to kill as many of us as they can, whenever and wherever they can. Their "advertisement" was the beheading of an Jewish_American journalist.

If it was just Al Q that we were dealing with...that would be great. Problem is...there are alot more groups than just Al Q that seem to want us all dead. And they seem more than happy to tell us all about it.

New Sigh...somehow I knew you wouldn't see the humor...
I seem to recall agreeing with you on the humor of that situation. Alas, you can't see the humor in this one.

But then again, I believe it took numerous arguments (from you) to get past the emotion to show the humor in that situation. I doubt I'll have the fortitude to make the same said arguments to prove to you the humor in this one.

But it does exist.

Not in the killing of Pearl. Not in the video of his death. Not in the crater in Mahatten.

But in the people who champion his death. "Make the bastards Pay!" Yet, they'd be blasting him for doing what he did when he died.

Maybe I'm the only one who sees it.
New Ok...I get it.
In the same vein as the "humor" surrounding the pro and con side of the death penalty...that being that the pro side is officially sanctioning the government to do what the guy who's >gettin it< did to get it in the first place.

I'm not sure that humor would be the word I would use though...but I do understand from where you're coming.

What we're facing. - (bepatient) - (79)
         Verily. - (Ashton)
         What is most striking to me... - (screamer) - (49)
             Frankly... - (bepatient) - (28)
                 Re: Frankly... - (Arkadiy) - (26)
                     Which boils down to... - (bepatient) - (25)
                         You're revealing your assumptions. - (Brandioch) - (24)
                             What assupmtions. - (bepatient) - (23)
                                 You're getting closer. - (Brandioch) - (22)
                                     So we should... - (bepatient) - (21)
                                         It's called a "clue". You may not recognize it. - (Brandioch) - (20)
                                             Yep...there's that losing spirit - (bepatient) - (19)
                                                 That's the spirit Bill.. - (Ashton)
                                                 So what you're saying is your recommendation is a total fail - (Brandioch) - (17)
                                                     Nope....you're confusing yours and mine. - (bepatient) - (16)
                                                         Sounds like your Alzheimer's is kicking in with a vengence. - (Brandioch) - (15)
                                                             Then please, oh wise one...enlighten us with your plan. - (bepatient) - (14)
                                                                 You need to brush up on our criminal justice system. - (Brandioch) - (13)
                                                                     Pretty weak. - (bepatient) - (11)
                                                                         Net result: demonstration that this is a genuine Conundrum - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                                             Defense in depth. - (Brandioch)
                                                                         Yep, you've got Alzheimer's. - (Brandioch) - (8)
                                                                             It seems that your plan is still missing... - (bepatient) - (7)
                                                                                 Bill "Strawman" Pathetic. - (Brandioch) - (6)
                                                                                     If I may - some comments. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                                                         Answers. - (Brandioch) - (2)
                                                                                             Clarifcation of my inquiry. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                                                 More. - (Brandioch)
                                                                                     I see your originality is still intact - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                                         Reading.....with comprehension. - (Brandioch)
                                                                     lotsa criminals and no Justice :) -NT - (boxley)
                 You may be quite right re the outcome. - (Ashton)
             Again, I must disagree... - (Simon_Jester)
             Hatred, not at their level - (orion) - (18)
                 We are as bad as they are and... as good. - (screamer) - (17)
                     That type of thought process used to amaze me. - (Brandioch) - (13)
                         But Brandioch... - (Simon_Jester)
                         what to do - (boxley) - (2)
                             Close - (bepatient) - (1)
                                 Now put some names to those people and you'll see the prob. - (Brandioch)
                         Yes - (screamer) - (8)
                             Can you locate the USofA on a map? - (Brandioch) - (7)
                                 Doesn't work - (bepatient)
                                 Yeah... - (screamer) - (3)
                                     Ummm, did you miss the heading of this forum? - (Brandioch) - (2)
                                         Nope... - (screamer) - (1)
                                             Score it however you want to. - (Brandioch)
                                 No, I cannot locate the USofA on a map. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                     Minor disagreement. - (Brandioch)
                     Et tu Brute? - (Ashton) - (1)
                         The evil that men do lives after them... - (screamer)
                     During WW-II, the Japanese were considered to be... - (a6l6e6x)
         Isn't this humorous... - (Simon_Jester) - (27)
             no...not really - (bepatient) - (26)
                 chuckle - (Simon_Jester) - (25)
                     Of course there's the fact that he was an Idealist - - (Ashton) - (24)
                         Close... - (Simon_Jester) - (23)
                             Dear sir, if you are referring to moi - (screamer) - (22)
                                 Maybe more ironical than ha-ha? - (Ashton)
                                 I think it is hilarious. - (Brandioch) - (18)
                                     I guess you missed their message. - (bepatient) - (17)
                                         Nope...I didn't - (Simon_Jester) - (5)
                                             Dunno. Who? - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                 Actually you.... - (Simon_Jester) - (3)
                                                     Nope... - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                         Sigh...somehow I knew you wouldn't see the humor... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                                             Ok...I get it. - (bepatient)
                                         Ah, but there is a difference. - (Brandioch) - (10)
                                             C'mon now... - (bepatient) - (9)
                                                 Hint: was it Guatemala? Nicaragua? El Salvador? - (Ashton) - (8)
                                                     What... - (bepatient) - (7)
                                                         That's what I've previously established. - (Brandioch) - (6)
                                                             ROFL - (bepatient) - (5)
                                                                 Whatever. - (Brandioch) - (4)
                                                                     Why bother. - (bepatient) - (3)
                                                                         That's funny. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                                             High Density - (bepatient)
                                                                         Oh Goodie! ______... a poll. - (Ashton)
                                 He's certainly a pawn... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                     Sorry for the noise - (screamer)

Looks like a helluva party to me! Begone evil spirits!!
106 ms