IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Get More Cats
You just saved the life of two pound cats. Go today, bring home more. Get three. Save a cat, be happy.
New We've already talked about it
... with one of the neighbors that is considering the same thing. Her cat, Tuffy, jumped right out of her arms one day with the same type of seizure that Jazmine suffered, and was put to sleep by the vet within hours. We would have done the same with Jaz had it not been 5 AM. At least we know what to expect when we have another animal go through this. I've already had another neighborhood cat have an unusual eppelectic seizure on my lap and chomp into my thumb during it. That was a fun trip to the hospital for me, I'll tell you! It turned out Felix was allergic to flea bites. It turns out I am allergic to cat bites. ("

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions, all ya.

P.S. Talking about the experience with others who have been through it has been the best medicine so far. Plus, as they say, "time heals all, except a leaky facet."
New Agreed.
I lost a dog suddenly around a year ago. Came home to find her laid out in the back corner of the yard.

Like your cat, she showed no signs before, and luckily I wasn't around to see her death firsthand.

But, it was hard loss. Definitely close to losing a child, I would imagine. My wife and I just broke down and had a good cry the first night. We went through a quiet mourning period of a week or two, but afterwards we did like everyone else was suggesting: told stories, got out pictures, worked on scrap books (well, I helped the wife with that). And, we went to the pound and saved a mutt blue healer mix. That definitely helped.

Since then we've gone on to actually donating fairly heavily to the SPCA, and spending more time and taking more pictures of our "kids", the puppies.

-Jason
----

My pid is Inigo Montoya. You "killed -9" my parent process. Prepare to vi.
     Any tips on dealing with the death of a loved one? - (brettj) - (12)
         Tell stories... - (imric)
         time and talk to people that are sympathetic -NT - (boxley)
         Get More Cats - (deSitter) - (2)
             We've already talked about it - (brettj)
             Agreed. - (jlalexander)
         Re: Any tips on dealing with the death of a loved one? - (orion)
         Re: Any tips on dealing with the death of a loved one? - (screamer) - (4)
             I guess we all have to deal with it sooner or later. - (brettj) - (3)
                 Yeah, like the Clint Eastwood line in Unforgiven... - (screamer) - (2)
                     Re: Yeah, like the Clint Eastwood line in Unforgiven... - (deSitter) - (1)
                         Was there ever any doubt? - (screamer)
         Two suggestions: - (inthane-chan)

Yeah, it was some sort of corporate sabotage.
42 ms