IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: "I think it was her time?"
Based on something you once said, I thought that she was about 77. That is only a year older than I am. So, it's more than age that's in play.

It's a crap shoot all too often.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New She just turned 78.
She had a bad stroke something like 10 years ago and a few other issues.

78 is young these days, but it wasn't anything the hospital did. She was very sick before she was admitted. She had to be defibbed 2x the night before they even gave her the heparin (the next day)...

Apparently she had undiagnosed problems with a heart valve and several coronary artery blockages that neither I nor the nursing home knew about. I'm not sure what would have been done about it given her other issues, but it was a shock that she died so suddenly.

Her mother died early (43, intestinal cancer, IIRC), her father died at 78 after several strokes (he was a life-time smoker).

One never knows when one's time is up, so make the most of it! :-)

Thanks.

Cheers,
Scott.
     I'll be glad when March is over... - (Another Scott) - (20)
         Re: I'll be glad when March is over... - (dmcarls) - (1)
             Thanks. Done. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Condolences, Scott! :( - (a6l6e6x) - (5)
             Thanks. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                 Re: Thanks. - (pwhysall) - (3)
                     Catchy tune. Thanks. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                         Two things spring to mind - (pwhysall)
                         Also: dealer == "any trade seller who sells cars for a living" - (pwhysall)
         Sorry to hear that Scott :-( - (malraux) - (1)
             Thanks Scott. -NT - (Another Scott)
         I hope April's already better for you. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
             Thanks. Condolences to you as well. We'll keep battlin' on the politics. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         So sorry... - (hnick) - (1)
             Thanks. Excellent points. I'll keep that in mind. :-) (Remember the good times.) -NT - (Another Scott)
         My condolances as well :-( - (scoenye) - (1)
             Thanks. - (Another Scott)
         Re: I'll be glad when March is over... - (Ashton) - (3)
             Thanks Ashton. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 Re: "I think it was her time?" - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                     She just turned 78. - (Another Scott)

The haddock hits me with a sucker punch. I catch him with a left hook. He eels over. It was a fluke, but there he was, lying on the deck... flat as a mackerel. Kelpless.
55 ms