IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New A petition to allow guns inside the Republican Convention.
CNN:
"In order to ensure the safety of your supporters, delegates and all attendees at the convention in July, you must call upon the RNC to rectify this affront to our Second Amendment freedoms and insist upon a suspension of the Quicken Loans Arena's unconstitutional 'gun-free zone' loophole," the petition reads.

The petition says Cleveland is a violent city and cites the threat of terrorism and all three Republican candidates' opposition to gun-free zones as reasons why attendees should be allowed to carry inside the arena.
So, if agreed to, what can possibly go wrong? :)

The petition will get nowhere and prove the RNC are a bunch of hypocrites. They will find someone else to blame.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Re: A petition to allow guns inside the Republican Convention.
What can possibly go wrong?

For the Republicans, something could go right!

Someone could assassinate Donald Trump, which would save them a lot of trouble.

They could blame it on Mexicans, or Muslims, (neither of whom should have the right to firearms, even if they are somehow citizens).
New Guns, GOP and the convention
From what I've read so far, the party's public position is, "Hey, we're cool with that, but it's not up to us. You guys take it up with the Quicken Loans folks. After all, it's their property, and if they won't go with open carry, that's an end to it. Private property über alles."

Oddly enough, this reasoning does not apply to your local Starbucks.

I'd dearly love an open-carry convention in Cleveland. After all, if we are to take seriously the assurances of the NRA, a venue where all the attendees were packing heat would be the safest place in North America: no bad guy would stand a chance against all those good guys with guns. Certainly watching this theory played out would make for some first-rate reality TV.

Colt-ially,
New Well, duh... You don't live here
On the other paw, I don't care at this point. Maybe they can shoot me a unicorn.
"Religion, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable."
~ AMBROSE BIERCE
(1842-1914)
     A petition to allow guns inside the Republican Convention. - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
         Re: A petition to allow guns inside the Republican Convention. - (Andrew Grygus)
         Guns, GOP and the convention - (rcareaga) - (1)
             Well, duh... You don't live here - (hnick)

Holy cran.
61 ms