IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yup. Bernie's over-performing his polls.
It'll be interesting if Detroit, Flint, etc., swing the tide back to Hillary, but even if they do it's certainly not the blowout for her that the polls were suggesting a week or so ago.

It'll be interesting to see how OH and PA go...

It's not over yet...

Cheers,
Scott.
New With 92% of votes counted, Bernie is 26K ahead.
Delegates will be split. The problem for Bernie is the he won't get the super-delegates.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New And now, at 94% votes in, NBC projects Bernie the winner.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Yup. ~ 22,000 votes out of 1M+. Every vote matters. Congrats to the old screamy guy. :-)
New Hmmm...
I can't help thinking that if the bankers bitch had won by that margin, you'd probably consider that "Well, a win is a win... That's democracy".
But it's unfair to accuse on speculation. And if we had a democracy, it WOULD matter. But we don't and it doesn't.
I'm just being a little annoyed that the shitheads won't tell us who they selected until November...
"Religion, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable."
~ AMBROSE BIERCE
(1842-1914)
New They didn't help enough.
It'll be interesting to see how Bernie did with the minority vote. I've only heard qualitative statements like, "He made unexpected inroads with the minority vote" so far.

I wonder if we're heading for another 1968. ;0)
New IIRC he did twice as well with minorities in MI than previously
He took something like 35% of the minority vote.

Exit polls said it was more about enthusiasm and dissatisfaction with government.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Hammering on Clinton's trade agreement support didn't hurt.
Even though NAFTA was hubby's doing and she back-paddled on TPP. Anyone who had or knew someone who had a manufacturing job couldn't really trust her. That counteracted the black leadership support of Clinton.

Bernie really needed to tell and repeat the story of his minor, but at the time risky, support of the Civil Rights movement in the 1960s.
Alex

-- Isaac Asimov
     Tight race in Michigan for Ds - (malraux) - (8)
         Yup. Bernie's over-performing his polls. - (Another Scott) - (7)
             With 92% of votes counted, Bernie is 26K ahead. - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
                 And now, at 94% votes in, NBC projects Bernie the winner. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                     Yup. ~ 22,000 votes out of 1M+. Every vote matters. Congrats to the old screamy guy. :-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         Hmmm... - (hnick)
             They didn't help enough. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                 IIRC he did twice as well with minorities in MI than previously - (malraux) - (1)
                     Hammering on Clinton's trade agreement support didn't hurt. - (a6l6e6x)

It's a lot less messy in here when Karsten's absent...
85 ms