IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New IWeThey CSS driving me crazy
I was frustrated with the rendering on mobile, so I decided to take a crack at a mobile responsive stylesheet. Save the current version and what do you know, I did this once before and Scott already included it.

Problem is, for some reason the mobile styles aren't being applied. On my phone it looks like the site zooms out to a width of about 920px, in both Chrome and the default Android browser. It does the same in the mobile style tool in Chrome, but the Firefox one works.

I can't find any references in the CSS that would force a width. What am I missing?
--

Drew
New I've made a few attempts as well.
Half-hearted because CSS is definitely not my strong suit, but I haven't been successful.

I've been trying to dredge up the motivation to port the site to Bootstrap.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New renders just fine in IE :-)
always look out for number one and don't step in number two
New Sounds like Chrome is deciding to show you the desktop site.
I know you can force the mode in Opera, but I've never liked Chrome mobile so I don't know if you can force it in Chrome or not.'

Wade.
New True resolution != reported resolution
The devices report a screen size that takes pixel density into account, so the reported resolution is a lot lower than the actual screen resolution. To force the issue, add the following meta tag:

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width">

(Other solutions are out there, but it all comes down to playing whack-a-mole with the reported resolution.)

Edit: never mind the lower. My S3 actually reports higher than actual. But the meta tag works to trigger the 479 media selector.

PS
I think MSSmartTagsPreventParsing can be taken out behind the shed now ;-)
Expand Edited by scoenye Feb. 15, 2016, 08:15:58 PM EST
New Thanks, I'll play around with that
--

Drew
     IWeThey CSS driving me crazy - (drook) - (5)
         I've made a few attempts as well. - (malraux)
         renders just fine in IE :-) -NT - (boxley)
         Sounds like Chrome is deciding to show you the desktop site. - (static)
         True resolution != reported resolution - (scoenye) - (1)
             Thanks, I'll play around with that -NT - (drook)

All you need is the GRR Memorial Secret Decoder Ring, and the translation is easy!
56 ms