IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Sygate Help!
I installed Sygate, but now the server does not work! I told it to open up port 80, now it seems to be blocking everything. I don't see a setting for IIS and I see one for IE, but even IE doesn't work now despite me telling it to. The "Block All" is not on, and the documentation doesn't seem to be helping me any. I've never used this Firewall software before.

I am free now, to choose my own destiny.
New Dammit dammit dammit dammit!
All the Help and Document pages are web based, and Sygate is blocking port 80 despite me telling it not to. I am really ticked off about this! It says in the log that it is blocking, despite everything I set so that port 80 would work!

I tried the Virtual Server on port 80, and got nothing. Does a web server need more than port 80 open in order to work? I put it back on DMZ with Sygate.

New Had no trouble with the ME version
Did your ISP set you up through a proxy? That seems to me to be a reasonable cause for the problems your having.
~~~)-Steven----

"I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country..."

General George S. Patton
New No proxy, direct DSL access
I have a static IP, I am allowed to run servers, and it works without Sygate, yet fails to work when Sygate is loaded. When I exit Sygate, everything works, but the system is unprotected.

Maybe I'll have better like with Black Ice or something else? This is Windows 2000, so maybe the network connection is different somehow than your ME?

New Hmm. Are you using the personal firewall?
If so, did you...
  1. Allow the webserver [link|http://soho.sygate.com/support/documents/spf_help/allowing_applications.htm|access to the network card]?

2. Configure it to act as a server in the [link|http://soho.sygate.com/support/documents/spf_help/advanced_application_configuration.htm|advanced configuration menu?]

3. Check [link|http://soho.sygate.com/support/documents/spf_help/ports_and_protocols.htm|the rules] to make sure that nothing is blocking you there...

They do seem to have [link|http://forums.sygatetech.com/index.php|support fora], too.

Realistically, I dunno how much more help I can be here, really - I don't actually use Sygate products for anything...

*grin* Maybe trying something else, at least for now, really isn't such a bad idea...

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.
New Yes I am
and it is still blocking it. I got so fustrated that I switched the server off after shutting it down. Sygate is going away, maybe Black Ice will work better?

I may just have to get an older system to run as a Linux server behind the DMZ and then use Linux to run to the Windows 2000 Server Web Server. The Linux server will then be the Firewall. I got an old Pentium MMX 200 and Pentium II 266Mhz machines to try and get Linux working on them. A friend is going to burn me a copy of Red Hat 7.3, because apparently these machines do not like CDRs burned from my CD Burner? Media Errors on 1X burned CDR disks, bah!

Virtual Server works behind firewall but not outside - (orion) - (32)
         If you have port-forwarding as an option... - (folkert)
         Re: Virtual Server works behind firewall but not outside - (Steven A S) - (13)
             Settings on Windows 2000 Server - (orion) - (12)
                 Any outgoing filters - (Steven A S) - (11)
                     Weblog doesn't show any access - (orion) - (10)
                         Nah - it's good to have your own server.... - (imric) - (9)
                             Done - (orion) - (8)
                                 Well, it still doesn't work... - (imric)
                                 What make/model router? -NT - (Steven A S) - (6)
                                     Make model router - (orion) - (5)
                                         troubleshooting - (Steven A S) - (4)
                                             Re: troubleshooting - (orion) - (3)
                                                 Have you looked at - (Steven A S)
                                                 DSL or Cable? - (n3jja) - (1)
                                                     DSL - (orion)
         end-user level answers - (tseliot) - (1)
             Send your email address to - (orion)
         Update - (orion) - (14)
             Looks like it works from here. - (Steve Lowe) - (1)
                 Don't worry - (orion)
             Yup, it's working! -NT - (Meerkat)
             Run a Firewall on your server - (Steven A S)
             Norm!!! - (pwhysall) - (2)
                 Doesn't look like it - (Steven A S)
                 I created the blank page with FP - (orion)
             Get Thee to a Firewall - (n3jja) - (6)
                 Sygate Help! - (orion) - (5)
                     Dammit dammit dammit dammit! - (orion) - (4)
                         Had no trouble with the ME version - (Steven A S) - (1)
                             No proxy, direct DSL access - (orion)
                         Hmm. Are you using the personal firewall? - (imric) - (1)
                             Yes I am - (orion)

I see mass suicides and riots in the future as every urkel fashion sense inspired computer nerd throws down their oxy pads and mutters, "enough is enough," then takes to the streets, scsi cards in hand, and it will be dark, dark day indeed my friend.
166 ms