IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New But, but - I thought, that *is* the definition of 'Geek' ?!?
New That's "Mr. Pedantic Anal-Retent Dork" to you, fella
Tom Sinclair
"Subverting Young Minds Since 03/13/2000"
New Hmmm.. maybe not over 'here'
Appending to a comment in Metaphysics gossip column:

I think Muricans associate Any mental capabilities beyond "Push to turn on" negatively. Our anti-intellectualism is legendary (?)

So the pedantic, anal part is an add-on (and certainly intensifies the induced negativity), but it's enough to demonstrate Any sign of possibly knowing (what that switch turned on) - to evoke the pejorative.

Sometimes this simple stimulus/response is so transparent it is Laughable:

As in Dubya's recent adventure, when a reporter spoke FOUR WORDS in French (not to Dubya even) - and Dubya did The Petulance Dance, for all the world to see and replay and.. cringe, once again.

(I merely heard about the exchange, hope to see it in livid color at some point, as the report was that, the body language made it Much worse a faux pas for D's vehemence. Poor Dubya is marginally aware by now that, he's seen as Dan Quayle material. And he compounded the matter by referring to his pidgin Espa\ufffdol, One More Time! :(

Anybody who doesn't yet believe This Is All A Play ...
New a little anti-intellectualism is a good thing
and I strongly encourage every intelligent person to dabble in it occasionally. :)
"We are all born originals -- why is it so many of us die copies?"
- Edward Young
New No arg\ufffdment there..____+ Kudos!
Just after yer Stereotypical Redneck target comes.. Mr. Smarty-pants Professor of the *Science* of umm Sociology!

[cackle]

Nice work on the Evulest Micro\ufffdbersoft Program yet!

Now - will that ap be sold or leased? and will the annual fee include any specific weight of fresh er Human Flesh? If it's put on \ufffdbersoft .nyet, will the login require any particular sacrifices over the special \ufffd-Login-Ghoul (which recognizes blood, urine-types, when splattered on)?

Is there to be a Resource Developers Group - wherein New Vulerabilities may be added, if they seem sufficiently Disgusting?

Will the winner of year's Worst be allowed to gum the hem of The Boss's shroud?

Informed Citizens Want to Know stuff
New LOL
A resource developers group for the petitioning of new security holes in an operating system... I love it.
"We are all born originals -- why is it so many of us die copies?"
- Edward Young
New Er.. don't they have a Veep in charge of that, already ?
New Emphasis on "a little"

Particularly in education...we tend to take ourselves *very* seriously so the occasional laugh of self-parody is a good cathartic.

Tom Sinclair
"Subverting Young Minds Since 03/13/2000"
New Already covered that one
The incident where the reporter spoke French was quite severely mis-characterized. Like I said over [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=40561|here]. And yes, there's a link to the video so you can see for yourself.
===
Microsoft offers them the one thing most business people will pay any price for - the ability to say "we had no choice - everyone's doing it that way." -- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=38978|Andrew Grygus]
New I see. Only sl. less embarrassing, though.
Aha - thanks for running it down. 2nd load seemed to get most of the video to go with the audio...

OK - not quite hissy fit, just a juvenile reaction to the rather pedestrian happenstance that a reporter might be literate (!) How else to put it than - laa - dee - dah' -- ya gots cuth !! [And I ain't] = is the natural psych within the next remarks from Our Leader.

I expect this on the playground, but -- not around adults.

Ashton

'Course too, maybe reporter-humor / humor around reporters? is *expected* to be juvenile ?? y'know like: life is just one long Roast?

So then, why was This event hawked about? - bad ol' reporters doin a number? Is *anything* believable via all these 'communications channels' containing so little communication?
New IMO
So then, why was This event hawked about? - bad ol' reporters doin a number?

Because "President Throws Hissy Fit!" makes a better headline than "President Tells Joke, Everyone Laughs".
===
Microsoft offers them the one thing most business people will pay any price for - the ability to say "we had no choice - everyone's doing it that way." -- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=38978|Andrew Grygus]
New Dunno...But, given the *nasty smirk* he apparently thinks...
...is just a "pleasant, neutral, everyday facial expression" -- he wouldn't wear it all the time, if *he* thought it was a nasty smirk, would he? -- maybe what he (and apparently DrooK and others, too) think of as "President Tells Joke, Everyone Laughs": Maybe that _I_S_, to many people, the same as "President Throws Hissy Fit!".

Just a preliminary thought; have't been able to check out the video, yet.
   Christian R. Conrad
Of course, who am I to point fingers? I'm in the "Information Technology" business, prima facia evidence that there's bats in the bell tower.
-- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=27764|Andrew Grygus]
     New geek test I just noticed today - (tjsinclair) - (18)
         Damn, dude. That's, ummm ... - (drewk) - (13)
             Okay, okay, it's more like "pedantic, anal dork"... -NT - (tjsinclair)
             But, but - I thought, that *is* the definition of 'Geek' ?!? -NT - (CRConrad) - (11)
                 That's "Mr. Pedantic Anal-Retent Dork" to you, fella -NT - (tjsinclair)
                 Hmmm.. maybe not over 'here' - (Ashton) - (9)
                     a little anti-intellectualism is a good thing - (cwbrenn) - (4)
                         No arg\ufffdment there..____+ Kudos! - (Ashton) - (2)
                             LOL - (cwbrenn) - (1)
                                 Er.. don't they have a Veep in charge of that, already ? -NT - (Ashton)
                         Emphasis on "a little" - (tjsinclair)
                     Already covered that one - (drewk) - (3)
                         I see. Only sl. less embarrassing, though. - (Ashton) - (2)
                             IMO - (drewk) - (1)
                                 Dunno...But, given the *nasty smirk* he apparently thinks... - (CRConrad)
         "Morning" verified. "Good"? - (Brandioch) - (3)
             Ooh! Now that, ladies and gentlemen, is a TRUE geek. - (Silverlock) - (1)
                 ROFLMAO! -NT - (tjsinclair)
             Welcome to SR.com - (Arkadiy)

Now that's what I call self-defecating humor.
78 ms